PDA

View Full Version : How can I avoid that the dithering raster shows up?

walter hofmann
09-17-2012, 5:22 AM
Hi all
I got this probleme that sometimes the dithering raster is engraving too.
I am running a thunderlaser DSP and a converted 40W laser.
does somebody has a explanation or tip how to avoid this?
I also use coreldraw x4 and it doesnt matter where I dither in corel or
PHcad 4.47
it shows up on some pictures engraved.
thenks for the help
greetings
walt

Martin Boekers
09-17-2012, 11:09 AM
A bit confused here... Could you post a photo? What resolution are running at.
If this is new to you try a few tests at different resolutions so you can see how they engrave.

Are you converting to a halftone?

walter hofmann
09-17-2012, 2:04 PM
Hi martin
yes some of this pictures are halftone dothered and others just with all the different dithering like floyd , yaris stucky etc. and many settings in power and speed. the resolution of the picture before dithering is 600dpi like all my pictures are.
I will post some picture later
greetings
walt

Martin Boekers
09-17-2012, 3:51 PM
Try with out halftoning, as this puts a "crosshatch" pattern into it. There are a few way to do photos. Search Gold Method here at SMC
and also check out Roy Brewer's video using Corel www.youtube.com/watch?v=yllZTBA0HO0 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yllZTBA0HO0) there are a variety of softwares out
there such as PhotGrav etc. some swear by them some at them. :)

One thing you may consider is adding your location and equipment to your signature block as it helps when answering questions.

walter hofmann
09-17-2012, 4:07 PM
241325241326hi martin
atached are two picture with and without halftone. I try quite a few settings but on some not all picture it turns out this way.
some turn out pretty good like the one with the dolphin and others even not. I try the gold methode and the methode from roy brewers video too.
but thanks anyway
greetings
walt

Mark Sipes
09-17-2012, 6:25 PM
Can you attach the original picture to are attempting to laser... and tell us what material you are using to laser the picture on to..

Thanks

Dee Gallo
09-17-2012, 7:40 PM
Hi Walter,

I must be dense, but I cannot make out what I'm looking at. I'm with Mark, please post the original picture and tell us what the material is.

cheers, dee

walter hofmann
09-18-2012, 5:53 AM
241369241368241366241367Hi dee
what you are looking in the two picture is the cross hatching . the material on the left is 1/8 extruded acrylic and on the right is ordinary 1/8 plywood what I use for testing the settings. the original picture I wil post later because they are on a different laptop what has not internet connection and I must move them over to this computer.Here are one sample acrylic with sub 3d dolphin, and the two original picture from the picture before.
greetings
walt