PDA

View Full Version : Priceless

James Combs
09-17-2012, 2:40 AM
My youngest Granddaughter Bryce, makes her own Diva (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rU3vLSP_QBU&feature=share) with only a little help from Poppy. :cool::D
Just turning 16(driving permit next month) and a star soccer player (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJ58KD3VK5U&NR=1&feature=endscreen)(#39 in this vid) but she can take some time to spend with her Poppy.:):D

Edit: Posted on youtube by her Father.

Russell Eaton
09-17-2012, 6:46 AM
I think I have a good idea of who was having the most fun. Well done sir, and a good video as well.

Steve Busey
09-17-2012, 8:06 AM
Priceless indeed; thanks for sharing James!

Roger Chandler
09-17-2012, 8:12 AM
That is special, JD! What a record of a precious memory for your family..........that video will hold a special place for her and you for all your lives..............nice of you to share!

BTW, Poppy's shop looks like a nice place to hang out! ;)

Tim Rinehart
09-17-2012, 8:36 AM
JD, thanks for posting that. I watched it from start to finish, very enjoyable and something I'm sure Bryce will treasure as much or more than the pen itself! Kudos to the video team.

Faust M. Ruggiero
09-17-2012, 8:43 AM
A grandfather's dream. I think a purple turning smock for Bryce will be a perfect Christmas gift.

Steve Schlumpf
09-17-2012, 9:21 AM
That was really cool James! Thanks for sharing!

Darren Jamieson
09-17-2012, 11:07 AM
I am not a grandfather yet and my kids are only 5 and 3 but that video sure gives me hope for future hours spent in the shop with my kids and god willing with my grandkids. Great job and I hope you made many copies.:)

James Combs
09-17-2012, 12:05 PM
Thanks to you all, you would not believe the smile I still have on my face.:D:D

I think I have a good idea of who was having the most fun. Well done sir, and a good video as well.

Priceless indeed; thanks for sharing James!

That is special, JD! What a record of a precious memory for your family..........that video will hold a special place for her and you for all your lives..............nice of you to share!

BTW, Poppy's shop looks like a nice place to hang out! ;)

JD, thanks for posting that. I watched it from start to finish, very enjoyable and something I'm sure Bryce will treasure as much or more than the pen itself! Kudos to the video team.

A grandfather's dream. I think a purple turning smock for Bryce will be a perfect Christmas gift.

That was really cool James! Thanks for sharing!

I am not a grandfather yet and my kids are only 5 and 3 but that video sure gives me hope for future hours spent in the shop with my kids and god willing with my grandkids. Great job and I hope you made many copies.:)

Bill White
09-19-2012, 12:33 PM
Were those freckles or shavings I was seeing?
She'll never forget that time. Pretty darned special I say.
Bill

James Combs
09-19-2012, 9:29 PM
Oh definitely freckles, she has tons of them.:);) I hope she doesn't forget and I am hope she comes back for more. I may change my will.:D

Were those freckles or shavings I was seeing?
She'll never forget that time. Pretty darned special I say.
Bill

Bernie Weishapl
09-19-2012, 9:44 PM
Definitely priceless James. I am just guessing at who had the most furn. lol

Ken Glass
09-19-2012, 9:52 PM
James,
What a great video and Granddaughter. Mine has freckles too. I can't wait for my 9 yr old G-daughter to get a little older. Thanks for sharing.

Doug W Swanson
09-20-2012, 9:30 AM
Nice video, James. It looks like Bryce enjoyed her shop time with you and the pen turned out great! Thanks for posting!

James Combs
09-20-2012, 11:42 AM
Definitely priceless James. I am just guessing at who had the most furn. lol
Thanks Bernie!:D

Nice video, James. It looks like Bryce enjoyed her shop time with you and the pen turned out great! Thanks for posting!
Thanks Doug, She is the youngest of five and the only one that would even consider trying to turn something.

Michael Dromey
09-30-2012, 1:33 AM
This has to be some of your fondest shop time you have ever had. I had a smile on my face just watching the video her father created. I think she will always cherish the pen that you helped her creat. Great to see this kinds of things!!

Marc Himes
09-30-2012, 11:02 AM
Wonderful. I have shared turning with some grandchildren of my own and they all enjoyed it. That looks like a great pen and a wonderful granddaughter.

Sid Matheny
09-30-2012, 11:12 AM
Yes priceless and a seed planted. Thanks for sharing!

Sid

ray hampton
09-30-2012, 2:50 PM
I got a question about the face shield and her hair, if she have pull the hair over the shield , would the hair help to hold the shield in place

James Combs
09-30-2012, 4:25 PM
I got a question about the face shield and her hair, if she have pull the hair over the shield , would the hair help to hold the shield in place

Thanks for the Question Ray, to be honest we never considered it. However, when we first tried to put the shield on her, her ponytail was much higher on her head and would not allow the shield strapping to go down over her head. She lowered the banding of the ponytail by about an inch and a half to allow the strapping to come down over her head far enough to be tightened up. I suppose if we had been thinking we could have just as easily flipped the ponytail up inside and over the rear of the strap. There is a negative I see in doing that and it is the tail would have covered up the tightening mechanism and her hair could have gotten wrapped up in it as it was turned to tighten the band. From my oversize 7.25 head to her relatively small one the knob had to be turned several turns for it to tighten.

James Combs
09-30-2012, 4:28 PM
This has to be some of your fondest shop time you have ever had. I had a smile on my face just watching the video her father created. I think she will always cherish the pen that you helped her creat. Great to see this kinds of things!!
Thanks Michael, I really appreciate your comments and you pretty much nailed my thoughts too.

Wonderful. I have shared turning with some grandchildren of my own and they all enjoyed it. That looks like a great pen and a wonderful granddaughter.
Thanks Marc, quality time with the Grand-kids is hard to beat and seems like much harder to find.

ray hampton
09-30-2012, 6:59 PM
Thanks for the Question Ray, to be honest we never considered it. However, when we first tried to put the shield on her, her ponytail was much higher on her head and would not allow the shield strapping to go down over her head. She lowered the banding of the ponytail by about an inch and a half to allow the strapping to come down over her head far enough to be tightened up. I suppose if we had been thinking we could have just as easily flipped the ponytail up inside and over the rear of the strap. There is a negative I see in doing that and it is the tail would have covered up the tightening mechanism and her hair could have gotten wrapped up in it as it was turned to tighten the band. From my oversize 7.25 head to her relatively small one the knob had to be turned several turns for it to tighten.

hair caught in anything, CAN YOU SAY OUCH for each strand of hair that could been tangle in the knob

Jerry Rhoads
10-23-2012, 8:59 AM
James, yes this is extremly priceless. Will show video to my 11 year old Grand Daughter. She has made a couple of pens
Your Granddaughter had a nice touch with the EWT tool. I have trouble teaching adults to have that touch.

Richard Jones
10-23-2012, 9:46 AM
You can't put a price on that, for sure. And changing my will has entered my mind once or twice as well........................:)

Hey, maybe she can market a line of pens that match the nail-polish-of-the-day.......................

Great vid, and I know you're still smiling....................

Rich Aldrich
10-23-2012, 7:36 PM
Awesome James. I wish I could get one of my three daughters interested.