PDA

View Full Version : Incompatible file?

Marc Nicoloudis
09-16-2012, 10:53 PM
Hello to all,

I have been running my new(used) laser for the past couple of weeks after what seemed to be a reliable set up. I have an Accuris powersharp 30 watt laser hooked up to a laptop running Vista. I am using a parallel port adapter card to talk to the laser. I have Corel draw x6 installed. After running the laser for a number of hours, I recently wrote a new file that was not transferring well to the laser. Every time I sent the file I received the following message from the laser "BAD (chksum)" . Funny thing is, as long as I call the file something with less than 3 letters, the file runs, but is obviously corrupt. I know this because the project starts off ok, but skips heavily about 2 minutes into the file ending up completely out of sync with the original parameters. The one time it actually slammed past the prox sensor before I had to manually shut it down. Any ideas why I would recieve the bad checksum error? I attached the file in question if anyone would care to look for concievable problems. Thanks, Marc

Marc Nicoloudis
09-17-2012, 10:04 AM
Trying this file again,
If I am doing 2 passes in corel X6 and both of the vectors are sitting on top of one another, could it be that this is why the laser percieves this as a bad file?
Can I print one object directly on top of another if they have seperate toolpaths?