PDA

View Full Version : Jet VFD help

Wade Ellisor
09-16-2012, 6:21 PM
I had the VFD go bad on my lathe. I bought a direct replacement from the VFD manufacturer (Delta Electronics). Now I need some help programming the thing. Does anyone has the parameters for a Delta VFD015S2IU off of a Jet 16-42 with a 2HP, 230V single phase they would supply to me, please?
Thanks,
Wade

David Gilbert
09-16-2012, 8:04 PM
Wade,

The information that you are looking for is in a document that has been posted on the AAW forums site. I have also sent you sent you a private message with some additional information.

Good luck,
David

Don Orr
09-16-2012, 8:47 PM
You should have a packet of information that came with the lathe which includes a CD with the information you are after. It should also be contained in a paper booklet. I have the 1.5 hp version so my defaults are probably different. All these documents came with the operators manual. If your lathe is out of warranty, calling Jet tech support may be hekpful. They don't like you messing around with their controllers.

Wade Ellisor
09-17-2012, 9:58 PM
David, got the information and programed the drive this evening. I programed to the modified parameters with the exception of max freq. which I dropped from 138hz to 120hz. RPM shows to be 2940 at that freq. and the ramp up/down time which I left at factory settings. Everything is working like it should.
I have signed up at the AAW and would like to think you for the link and the information. It saved me a lot of time and trouble.
Wade

David Gilbert
09-18-2012, 1:09 PM
I'm glad the info worked out for you. I think that you will enjoy the AAW too.

Happy turning,
David