PDA

View Full Version : Lasering on round Glass & Rotory questions

Todd Koopman
09-14-2012, 4:47 PM
I have done several Rotory Glass projects and they seem to turn out OK, But after reading the forum I have tried using wet paper on the glass when etching and it DOES a much nicer job.
I have also done projects using the Cermark LMC-6044P spray and some project turn out good and some are not so good. After reading back on the forum, I did run about 15 test blocks on flat glass and found a couple speed that worked good. ( Epilog mini 24 35 W ) 35/100 dpi 600 is what I was using and 15/60 dpi 600 are the two that turned out the best. I tried running the 15/60 on a shot glass and it came out so-so. Any suggestions ?

Now after trying it sever time, it looks like my rotory is stopping. It turns about 14" and then stops, when reseting, it rolls back the full distance. After about my 3rd time it just kept lasering in one line and then I hear a pop ! Sure enough the glass cracked on that like that it was burning. What is going on ? is the Rotory motor going out ? Tryed checking the plug in, shutting off the laser, rebutting the computer and no change. Is there a way to check the motor ?

So if anyone could help out on these two problems I would really appricate it.

Todd

p.s. the laser is a 2006 model, the past owner seldom used the rotory.......maybe this is the age they may start to nickle and dime a person.