PDA

View Full Version : PM 208 Infeed/Outfeed Tables

Ryan Lee
09-14-2012, 3:11 PM
I'm not a big fan of the roller infeed and outfeed tables on my PM 208 planer. Will the cast iron infeed and outfeed tables from a PM 209 fit? Has anyone tried this and now did it work?

James Baker SD
09-14-2012, 3:15 PM
I tried to replace the rollers on the Powermatic 15" planer from 2002/2003 model with cast iron tables from a later model PM 15" planer. They did not come close to fitting. Hole locations were different and one planer was machined flat where the table mounted and the other was convex where the table mounted. I cannot speak to the model 208 and 209 except to say be sure it will work before you order. The restocking charge and return shipping were so high I just kept the useless cast iron tables I bought.

James

Ryan Lee
09-14-2012, 5:17 PM
I tried to replace the rollers on the Powermatic 15" planer from 2002/2003 model with cast iron tables from a later model PM 15" planer. They did not come close to fitting. Hole locations were different and one planer was machined flat where the table mounted and the other was convex where the table mounted. I cannot speak to the model 208 and 209 except to say be sure it will work before you order. The restocking charge and return shipping were so high I just kept the useless cast iron tables I bought.

James

I'm pretty sure the models are fairly similar, I just didn't know if the castings had changed. There are tapped holes on the front and back where it would appear that tables would be mounted. I just wanted to make sure prior to ordering.

James Baker SD
09-14-2012, 10:20 PM
Ryan,
I would definitely call Powermatic and make them confirm that the tables will fit. Checking my planer (which looks similar to the 208 in that is has a very rectangular base with flat surfaces), its cast iron planer bed is ever so slightly convex with mounting holes at 130mm spacing. I ordered solid tables for a 15S (which looks similar to the 209 in that is has a roundish base) and they were dead flat, not concave as my roller extensions were. The mounting holes were 150mm spacing and closer to the top of the table. My gut tells me it is not a simple unbolt the roller extension and bolt on the solid table, but I am often wrong (but not when it is my gut directing me :) )

James