PDA

View Full Version : It's all Bernie's fault

Steve Mawson
09-14-2012, 1:37 PM
Have been making these for some time after I saw what Bernie was doing a few years ago. These are pretty small about 1" in diameter and 1.25-2" tall, texture on some of the tops and others smooth. Trying to do the acorn top like Bernie has shown will be the next try. Bodies are walnut with maple and mesquite tops. I have a craft fair in November that I hope to sell them at. Not sure if $8-10 is too high or not. Any thoughts on pricing?

Jeremy Leasure
09-14-2012, 2:37 PM
Nice work. $20 sounds like a good number to me, more for further detail or figured woods.

James Combs
09-14-2012, 3:02 PM
I sell these birdhouses (http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?191281-Must-be-Birdhouse-Season) between $16 and $26 depending on the number of wood species, the wood species, and the rarity of the wood, for example old chestnut from a DE-constructed old barn are priced higher then the equivalent in other domestic woods. Based on your stated size these average about twice that size.

BTW you got some goodies in there.

Edit - I just noted that you include miniature birds with yours, I would add $3-4 to mine if I did that.

Ken Fitzgerald
09-14-2012, 3:21 PM
Goodland, KS is a known hideout for instigators.....Guess where Bernie lives?

Nice birdhouse ornaments!

David Gilbert
09-14-2012, 7:07 PM
Steve,

These are very nice. Where did you buy the miniature birds.

Thanks,
David

Michael Armstrong
09-14-2012, 7:38 PM
Nice job Steve. Bernie is going to keep taking a lot of heat because I have some more to post when I get the chance.

Michael

Steve Mawson
09-14-2012, 10:56 PM
Thanks for the input from everyone. The birds came from an online website. Name is Factory Direct Craft, should be able to find if you google. Various prices for size, color etc. No wires to attach so I just use some CA glue and hit with accelerator, that way they don't move and looks like they will hold very well.

Bernie Weishapl
09-14-2012, 11:18 PM
Goodland, KS is a known hideout for instigators.....Guess where Bernie lives?

Nice birdhouse ornaments!

Hey you old Coot, look who is calling the kettle black!!:D;)

Steve those are looking good. I get $14.50 to $20 depending on wood and what I did to them. Don't know why but the last two years they have been selling like hot cakes around here.

Billy Tallant
09-15-2012, 2:37 AM
Nice looking group of ornaments you have there Steve!!!