PDA

View Full Version : A Blatant Rip-off

James Combs
09-12-2012, 9:50 PM
of Bernie's toothpick holders. (http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?191491-Toothpick-Holders):D Just had to give em a try. Thanks for the inspiration Bernie.:cool:

Black Cherry outer and inner cylinders, African Black-wood lid, 1/4" Maple dowel rod connector. Finish is: Sanded to 320g then 1 coat of thin CA as a sealer then Deft RC semi-gloss lacquer. This one is a little tight for the longest picks. I consider this one my prototype. The next one I will give it about another 1/4" of head room clearance for the picks.

charlie knighton
09-12-2012, 9:54 PM
very nice, my sis looks for something very similar, check the height of sewing needles

Bernie Weishapl
09-12-2012, 9:55 PM
James that is a cool holder. I have to agree that 1/4" longer would definitely work. Well done.

Kathy Marshall
09-13-2012, 12:22 AM
Looks great James! I like the color combo and the burn lines tie it together nicely!

Roger Chandler
09-13-2012, 7:48 AM
Nice one, JD!

James Combs
09-14-2012, 3:17 PM
very nice, my sis looks for something very similar, check the height of sewing needles
Thanks Charlie, it wouldn't take much of a change to make one for needles.

James that is a cool holder. I have to agree that 1/4" longer would definitely work. Well done.
Thanks Bernie, remember you made me do it.:rolleyes: Have already done a drawing with a 1/4" added to the height. Thanks again for inspiring me.

Looks great James! I like the color combo and the burn lines tie it together nicely!
Thanks Kathy, the burn lines would have been a little better if I had gotten the bottom ones a little more equidistant apart.:o But I like it and the wife likes it enough to lat claim to it.

Nice one, JD!
Thanks Roger, something different then birdhouses or pens.