PDA

View Full Version : Epoxy Pigment.

mike ash
09-11-2012, 11:22 PM
I posted about a bunch of salad bowls I just completed and several folks asked how I was coloring the epoxy. I found some pigment at a plastics store a number of years ago. I bought several colors, but ended up liking the turquoise color the best as it just seems to look best with natural wood. I ran out to my shop and looked at the little bottle and see that is TAP premium pigment. You can google it and go from there!

Here are a couple to show the coloring.

Philip Duffy
09-12-2012, 4:54 AM
Looks great, Mike, but could you tell us how you installed the bowties? They are a nice feature of the "patch". Phil

mike ash
09-12-2012, 8:12 AM
Looks great, Mike, but could you tell us how you installed the bowties? They are a nice feature of the "patch". Phil

I discussed "MY" technique for the butterfles in the post "A Bunch of Salad Bowls" #10.

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?191531-A-Bunch-of-Salad-Bowls

Quinn McCarthy
09-12-2012, 9:16 AM
Mike those some great looking gbowls. WHat type of exppoxy do you use?

Thanks

Quinn

Bernie Weishapl
09-12-2012, 9:46 AM
Really nice bowl Mike and love the bows with the color.

Ken Glass
09-12-2012, 2:14 PM
Mike,
Thanks for the tip on the pigment. Both these bowls are very nice, but the one with the bow-ties is better than nice, it is super. The additional medium takes the bowl from nice to, what a great artful addition to make it an exceptional piece. Thanks for sharing.