PDA

View Full Version : Treasure box

Jim Reinhard
09-11-2012, 7:37 PM
Hi ,My wife is teacher and does a reward box for her students .I thought it would be nice to make a treasure box out of !/4 plywood.Does anyone have a file for a shoe boxed size nice looking treasure box I could cut?

Matt Turner (physics)
09-11-2012, 7:56 PM
There are files for one in 3mm MDF at http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:17322. It even has a working lock! You could probably just double the size to make it work for 1/4" ply.

Steve Kelsey
09-11-2012, 9:32 PM
I made the one Matt linked to. It is really nice. I am pretty sure it would double. Or you could just increase the length pretty easily.

Jim Reinhard
09-11-2012, 9:51 PM
I made the one Matt linked to. It is really nice. I am pretty sure it would double. Or you could just increase the length pretty easily.
Thank you it is nice and I will probably make one that size for fun .I tryed to scale it up but the notches didnt line up.I will probably use it as a guide and draw one up.

Braden Todd
09-11-2012, 10:05 PM
Thank you for the post! If I did it properly I just stretched it to fit 1/4" in the notches, I am hoping to use it for my wedding for the cards.

Thanks again!

Jim Reinhard
09-12-2012, 6:09 AM
[QUOTE=Braden Todd;1979294]Thank you for the post! If I did it properly I just stretched it to fit 1/4" in the notches, I am hoping to use it for my wedding for the cards.

Thanks again![/QUOTE

Could you post the streached file here ?
Thanks

Steve Kelsey
09-12-2012, 11:13 AM
[QUOTE=Braden Todd;1979294]Thank you for the post! If I did it properly I just stretched it to fit 1/4" in the notches, I am hoping to use it for my wedding for the cards.

Thanks again![/QUOTE

Could you post the streached file here ?
Thanks

It should be fairly easy to do, Jim. I believe that you can just select all objects (double click on the select tool) and then change both the % fields in the toolbar to 200%. Another option would be to add a dimension to one of the .125 rectangles and then select all objects and stretch from the corner (so both up/down and side/side are sized equally) and continue increasing until you get the correct dimension for your material.

Braden Todd
09-12-2012, 11:57 AM
I am attaching the file I made, please let me know if anyone finds an issue with the design. I found some 1/4" mdf at Home Depot and hope to try this tonight! As I mentioned I will be trying to use this for wedding cards, with that in mind I realized that I can cut the center slat in the lid and move the connection holes closer to the sides to allow wider cards. If anyone would like my final design I can load that later too.

Hope this works!