PDA

View Full Version : Pool Table restoration

Richard Blaine
04-14-2005, 12:34 AM
I acquired a Brunswick-Balke-Collender pool table made in the early part of the twentieth century. Its early life was spent in a bar, and as expected life was rough for it. It's missing the head name plate as well as some of the ivory diamonds.

I'm wondering if there is a supply house that sells reproduction name plates for older tables as well as other supplies that would be needed for a restoration?

And a little off topic, How would I go about identifying the age? Are there serial # books like they have for pianos?

Ted Harris
05-08-2005, 2:37 AM
I acquired a Brunswick-Balke-Collender pool table made in the early part of the twentieth century. Its early life was spent in a bar, and as expected life was rough for it. It's missing the head name plate as well as some of the ivory diamonds.

I'm wondering if there is a supply house that sells reproduction name plates for older tables as well as other supplies that would be needed for a restoration?

And a little off topic, How would I go about identifying the age? Are there serial # books like they have for pianos?
You might try calling Ernesto Dominguez @ (818)362-5636 in San Fernando, CA. He is possibly the best table mechanic on the face of this great earth! If he cannot help, I am sure he can steer you in the right direction. Don't forget to tell him who sent ya!