PDA

View Full Version : Planer decision made, at least I think

Gregory King
09-11-2012, 1:33 PM
Son -in -law tells me to buy a planer in the range of $1600, so that we can mill up the rough pine for the new home interior trim. Original plan was to hire a local guy to plane it, but he thinks father-in-law deserves some kind of payment for services rendered. Long story short, the General 15" spiral would be the first choice, but the cost is too much. And used, well I don't have the time to wait and I feel like a new one is what he wants to see in the shop. Not my intention to start a full tool review here again, so the simple question from owners of this Grizzly GO453PX , are you folks happy with the performance of this tool? Looks like the best bang for the buck, as far as new. Greg

Mike Heidrick
09-11-2012, 1:49 PM
id buy a 15" griz spiral (or straight knife 20" and add spiral later) and a Dewalt dw734 for his pine!

Jim Andrew
09-11-2012, 5:08 PM
Still have my Grizzly summer sale catalog, the 15" GO453 is 1485 plus 150 shipping right now, sale ends Sept 23. I'm planning to get the G1033, but waiting as it is not on the sale. Called customer service, talked to one of the machine guys, and he recommended the 1033 over the go454. Of course, it means about 750 to them right now, but think I will go with it anyway. The next sale will be the Christmas sale, starting in November. Guess I can wait. Checked my last years catalog, was the same price. At least they haven't raised the price in several years.