PDA

View Full Version : Creeker's Weekend Accomplishments.....

Dennis Peacock
09-10-2012, 10:28 AM
10 Sep 2012

Good Morning Everyone,
It's been some AWESOME weather here for the entire weekend and we got some more rain last week. I'm excited about the rain and the cooler temps.!!!

Spent the weekend working on the yard, the garden, and helping the LOML do some work inside the house. Played bass guitar at church on Sunday and visited the LOML Jr and her hubby late yesterday afternoon.

All in all...it was a really good weekend.!!! So what did YOU do this past weekend?

Best of weeks to you all.!!

Matt Meiser
09-10-2012, 10:47 AM
Didn't do a whole lot Saturday. Sunday I sprayed 2 coats of finish on about 2/3 of my doors and drawer fronts and installed all the drawers except for the pantry pullouts into the lower boxes. Buying drawers and doors has been a huge timesaver--we've tentatively scheduled tear out of the old cabinets for the first week of October. By the end of next weekend I'm hoping to have the bulk of the finishing done and all the boxes built, just leaving some more custom parts left to build.

This was my first time installing more than a single pair of Blum Tandem slides. I really like them. Very easy to install and they work sooooo nice.

David Hostetler
09-10-2012, 10:47 AM
Saturday was spent being lazy, sleeping in etc... I got up and made breakfast for LOML and myself, and got to work on the BBQ pit. By about 3:00 in the afternoon, a Brisket was tenderized, rubbed, injected, and in the smoker. I let it stay in the smoker about 4 or 5 hours (don't recall...). Afterwards I put it in a Pyrex casserole dish, a BIG one, covered it with foil, and took it to the oven. Low and slow being the order of the day, I let it go overnight until 6:30 A.M., when I removed it from the oven, Drained the fat out of the pyrex, removed the foil, and set the oven to 180 deg to hold the brisket for lunch... (keeping those bacteria away). Snoozed some more, got up and we went to Sunday services, Pastor gave a good talk this week... and ended up having lunch out with some friends. Mr. Brisket ended up being dinner. That's okay...

Spent a tiny bit of time in the shop working on drawer slides and drawers. I finally bit the bullet and went ahead and ordered 6 Pony Corner Clamps. I have 1 now, and a bunch of the HF corner clamps. I HATE the HF corner clamps... And building these drawers, keeping everything square during assembly is MUCH easier with the corner clamps...

I need to swap out my broadband router this week. We are upgrading to a Linksys / Cisco model with broader WiFi support, and Gigabit copper ethernet. I have a project going on where I am building a private cloud at home for training purposes. Once that is rigged up, we need to stand up a SQL server. Thank God for continuing education, and DreamSpark.

Troy Turner
09-10-2012, 12:19 PM
Not much to brag about. Got up early Sat and started finishing the screen porch. Replacing old with new. 14 windows and 4 doors. Went ahead and got the "shade" screen of the sides as that's where most of the sun comes in. Had to take all the screen holders down and run them back through the table saw to widen/deepen the notch.

Sunday, we had to come back into town as we ran out of screen. Got it all buttoned back up Sunday evening.

Glad that projects OVER!

Gregory King
09-10-2012, 12:53 PM
Hectic week-end. Gyproc, gyproc and even more gyproc in the new house for my daughter / son-in law and fantastic grand-son.[More on the way, we hope]. Nice to be part of a large project that both sides of the family are tremondously proud of. Siding has been completed and landscape as well soon. I'll keep lots of pictures and do a thread later as things move along. Just maybe, I'll get back in my shop, once this project nears completion. Greg

James Baker SD
09-10-2012, 1:09 PM
I took my cyclone (the beast) apart to reconfigure the angles between the intake and filter attachment and to get it through the door to its new home in an adjacent room. Only 3 years ago that I put it together, amazing how I forgot the effort involved.

Shawn Pixley
09-10-2012, 10:14 PM
LOML spent Saturday preparing her shop for a new season of classes (started this morning). Then she went to a show in LA, so I had a long undisturbed time in my shop. I prepared door and case parts for my project. This felt good because I was sick the previous two weekends sick with walking pneumonia. Sunday was more of the same. Spent a painstaking few hours mortising for the knife hinges. Beethoven is good music for this. Finally, glued up the upper case last night.