PDA

View Full Version : Corel X6 vector cutting problem

Carlos Aveleyra
09-09-2012, 4:39 AM
Hey guys,

I scrapped the idea of using flexisign and decided i would just stick with corel.

Although now i have encountered another problem. I just installed corel X6 after using X5 previously on my GCC 60w spirit GLS and now it is not vector cutting properly.

When it vector cuts, it only scores the material and does not actually cut at the desired power and speed setting.

I am using red as the vector color and black as the engrave color and have no problem engraving. I just don't know why its not doing it this time. I have color management set to off and color setting set to RGB.

I have even tried using other colors. If anyone knows what might fix the problem it would be much appreciated, because i cannot remember for the life of me what i may of done differently to how i had it on x5 as i uninstalled x5 off my laptop i was running it on and so i can't even compare the old settings to manipulate them. >____<

Kind regards,

Carlos.

Dan Lopez
09-27-2012, 8:28 PM
Hello Carlos,

Please call GCC ASAP at 888-254-5211.

I have some suggestions on the cutting issue.

1. Set your pen width to .001. It does not matter what unit of measurement you are set to.

2. Make sure everything in color management is off and the color scheme is RGB.

3. Under the Color tab of the print dialog box make sure that your engraver is selected in the "Color conversions preformed by:" not Corel Draw.

4. In your printers and faxes folder in the printer properties for your engraver under the Advanced tab make sure that "Enable advanced printing features" is not checked.

The last three suggestions are good practice for engraving or cutting. And once again call GCC if you are having troubles.

Regards,
Dan

Mike Null
09-28-2012, 7:11 AM
Dan

Welcome to SMC. It would appear that you are a representative of GCC. If so, please list that in your signature. We have a lot of GCC owners here so it would be great to have a rep monitoring the forum.

Either way, we're glad to have you aboard.

Phill Barnes
09-28-2012, 7:29 AM
Hi Carlos
I used to own a GCC Mercury. I only used full black for vector. Is it possible that the red you are using in the print driver is not the exact shade of the vector line you have drawn in Corel? Maybe try using full black and see what happens.

Phill

Howard Garner
09-28-2012, 5:56 PM
Do a quick check on line width.
X6 changed the default to 0.5 points, you need a "hairline" to cut.

Howard Garner
VL300