PDA

View Full Version : Three Shameless Gloats in One...

Warren White
04-13-2005, 2:42 PM
Well, I am one happy camper! Having been retired for about three years, the Government called and asked for my help on a small project. Extra money for tools, I figure. So, after three weeks (part time) I bought three items I have been hankering for. I hope the pictures come through all right.

I had much the same experience as reported on the forum putting the HTC together: two of the holes in my Unisaw didn't match the HTC; two did. That said, I was impressed with how easy the table mounted. Some minor issue with the powder coating and trying to get things in the holes. The pivot pins weren't as advertised, but new ones have already been sent.

As far as the Performax was concerned, it had been hammered a bit in shipping and the conveyor belt tension adjustment mechanism on one side was bent. One email to the company and new parts are on the way. No complaints from me. I did send them a couple of digital images as evidence. Rather than spending the $99.00 on their locking casters, I went to Home Depot and found some very heavy duty casters with screw mounting for $7.95 each. Works for me! I am going to the WW Show in Sacramento this weekend to buy some less-aggressive sandpaper; boy that 80 grit they send is wicked!

The Dust Collector went together as planned; no problems. I bought a 50 foot hose (which I cut down to 20 feet, since as you see my 'shop' is a garage I share with our family car). Got the quick disconnects at Woodcraft (20% off sale).

Now, just to find time to build up my skill to match the equipment....

My best to all, and thanks again for a great forum!!! These tool purchases were made based upon recommendations I got from several of you.

Warren

Jeff Sudmeier
04-13-2005, 3:02 PM
They all three look great and would be welcome additions in any shop! Congrats on them.

Tom Hurlebaus
04-13-2005, 3:46 PM
Warren,

Nice purchases ... and certainly worth three gloats ... Tom

Ted Shrader
04-13-2005, 3:50 PM
Warren -

Congratulations. All will make very useful additions to your shop.

Having been retired for about three years, the Government called and asked for my help on a small project. Extra money for tools, I figure.Reminds me of a story. . . . . A retired engineer was called back to the company to fix an elaborate piece of machinery. After studying the problem for a while, he gave the machine a rap with a hammer. Later he sent them an itemized bill for $10,000. --- $1 for the hammer blow and $9,999 for knowing the exact location to place it.

Ted

Tyler Howell
04-13-2005, 4:51 PM
Yes Warren ... Shameless!:cool:

lou sansone
04-13-2005, 4:54 PM
congratulations on your new purchases. I think that the dust collector will make a good addition to your shop.

lou