PDA

View Full Version : Prefinished Plywood Tip

Matt Meiser
09-06-2012, 9:30 AM
Trying to hold on to this stuff requires a FIRM grip because its so slippery. I tried a set of grip gloves (I got the ones shown below from my local Do-It-Best (http://www.doitbest.com/Gloves-Channellock+Licensed+Prod-model-760539-doitbest-sku-760539.dib) hardware store) and wow, what a difference. I kept getting cramps in my hands from trying to carry pieces around. It goes against conventional safety wisdom, but I've even been using them to run stuff through the table saw for dados and rabbets and actually feel much safer doing so because I'm not trying to grab the edges or fumble for push blocks. I just feed it and press down on the face. And I get even depth dados and rabbets as a result.

Matt Day
09-06-2012, 9:43 AM
From a safety standpoint on the machines, as long as they are tight fitting and don't have anything hanging off that would get snagged on the blade, I think it's probably fine to use. I have a pair of nitrile gloves that I use on occassion around the shop and they are nice as well.

Jack Wilson50
09-06-2012, 7:20 PM
I use them sometimes if I have been working with a lot of ply, just comfort. I have a desk job and when I work with the stuff a lot, my hands can get pretty raw. I am careful not to get to close to the blade as always.

Stephen Cherry
09-06-2012, 7:23 PM
Nice tip, thanks. Very stylish also!