PDA

View Full Version : Craftsman #6803 "push type" screwdriver

Bill White
09-05-2012, 2:27 PM
I have had this screwdriver for years. It was made in WEST GERMANY. That's a while ago. It is the spiral shafted "push" driver, and has only the common (flat) driver bit.
I would like to know if there are other bits available, phillips, etc. Looks to be similar to the old Stanley driver that had the round shaft with a flat ground in the shank of the bit, and a notch that allowed a retaining ring clip to hold the bit in place.
Any ideas or a source for bits?
Bill:confused:

James Becwar
09-05-2012, 4:54 PM
I have one too and love it. I got an adapter from lee valley so I can use the hex driver bits that you find every where now.
-James

Jessica Pierce-LaRose
09-05-2012, 8:15 PM
I have had this screwdriver for years. It was made in WEST GERMANY. That's a while ago. It is the spiral shafted "push" driver, and has only the common (flat) driver bit.
I would like to know if there are other bits available, phillips, etc. Looks to be similar to the old Stanley driver that had the round shaft with a flat ground in the shank of the bit, and a notch that allowed a retaining ring clip to hold the bit in place.
Any ideas or a source for bits?
Bill:confused:

Lee Valley sell replacement bits, at least some of which probably fit your screwdriver. Measure the bits and you might find more info, Lee Valley's bits are here (http://www.leevalley.com/US/wood/page.aspx?p=66021&cat=1,43411,43417&ap=2). Garret Wade had some nice ones where the flat bits were parallel ground but I don't seem to see them on the site anymore.

Bill White
09-08-2012, 11:00 AM
Thanks Joshua.
Bill