PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Ornaments

Bernie Weishapl
09-05-2012, 11:42 AM
Well I think I am done with ornaments until more orders come in. Pictured is a batch of 5 bulb type ornaments out of 25 or so that I did for the Floral/craft store and art gallery. Did several others for private orders. Another picture of the last of the 100 or so birdhouses for the same. I made probably 30 others for private orders. So now I can move on to other Christmas orders such as pens, toothpick holder, pepper mill, salt shaker, and a couple of bowls. Hopefully this will be a good year.

charlie knighton
09-05-2012, 11:52 AM
super job Bernie

Scott Hackler
09-05-2012, 11:56 AM
Geez Bernie, is it snowing out in Goodland already? :) Good looking ornaments!

You got a good and early start on those. I should think about doing to same, but I bought a pendant chuck in Waco and have been obsessed with making necklace pendants out of some scrap Corian a neighbor gave me! Hmmmm maybe I can make them into a goofy looking Christmas ornament!

Richard Jones
09-05-2012, 12:28 PM
You are a machine!

Thanks for sharing.........

Rich

doug williams
09-05-2012, 1:58 PM
Looks pretty good, and looks like you have your finish down pat also. Did you come up with a sprayer then? You mentioned before about the lines on the roofs, but I forgot if they were burned on or inked. The lines give a definite look to the birdhouses over the others for a nice change. Really a nice job congrats. Doug

Faust M. Ruggiero
09-05-2012, 2:23 PM
Bernie,
You are a finely oiled machine. Great work. There are smiles hidden in every one.
faust

Jeremy Leasure
09-05-2012, 3:40 PM
Loving the texturing and line work on the roofs of these. But why must you remind me of the Christmas rush?! I know it's a joke that it comes earlier every year but I think woodworkers and turners have it the worst of anyone. :D

James Combs
09-05-2012, 5:38 PM
Great job and variety Bernie, you put my production to shame.:o

BILL DONAHUE
09-05-2012, 6:35 PM
Bernie,
There's a turning contest at woodcentral.com/contests/ornaments for turned ornaments. The ad is in the current (10/12) issue of "Woodturning Design." Good luck, I hope you win!

Bernie Weishapl
09-05-2012, 9:18 PM
Thanks everyone. I figured if I didn't start early it would 12/1 and I would be scrambling like I did about 6 yrs ago. Never again. Last year I think I did 110 and this year about 145 total so far. I also will have orders coming in so need to get the bulk done. Did have two orders come in today for 4 more.

Doug the lines are burned in on the roofs and yes I got a Paasche airbrush and a HVLP sprayer. Both work well with water based finishes. I really like the Target Finishes EM 6000 lacquer. They claim it burns in like the normal lacquer and seems like it does from what I can see.

Curt Fuller
09-05-2012, 10:11 PM
Bernie, you've been an ornament turning machine already! They're all beauties and I like what you're doing with mixing in some color.

Kathy Marshall
09-06-2012, 12:46 AM
That's a great bunch of ornaments Bernie! and ditto you being an ornament machine!
Good luck on your sales and I hope the orders keep rolling in!

Michelle Rich
09-06-2012, 7:00 AM
hope it's a good year for you too, Bernie...

Donny Lawson
09-06-2012, 3:33 PM
Wow Bernie, I wish I had the time for half that much. It would take me a year to get that many done with my schedule. They all look nice.

Steve Mawson
09-08-2012, 1:20 AM
Bernie,
Really nice bunch and thanks for sharing. I am up to about 20 so far. Have a show at the church craft fair in November. First time so don't know how many I need but going to try to cover the market. Thanks again as they always look great.

Steve Schlumpf
09-08-2012, 7:29 AM
WOW! Didn't you say you were retired? Looks like you are in production mode!! Very nice work Bernie! Hope you can almost keep up with your sales!!

Bernie Weishapl
09-08-2012, 10:09 PM
Thanks again to all. Don't know about the machine part but have made quite a few. 41 are already sold which were orders. I am taking down Monday 115 birdhouses and ornaments to the art gallery and floral/craft store.

Steve I think I am busier now than when I was working but hey I am not complaining. I hope to make enough this Christmas to pay for all my supplies and needs for the next year.