PDA

View Full Version : Sawstop Base Recommendations?

Ron Huisinga
04-13-2005, 10:43 AM
Just received the Sawstop cabinet saw.:D
Does anyone have recommendations or experience for a quality mobile base with 52” table installed for the Sawstop?

Thanks
Ron

JOSEPH GOVEA
04-13-2005, 10:51 AM
Ron, you can call HTC direct and ask for sam. HTC# 800 624-2027. Congrats on the saw:)

Dave Wright #2
04-13-2005, 3:39 PM
There appear to be 3 options. #1 HTC is the only source for a manufactured base. #2 you could hang the Jet closed base machine casters around the saw perimeter and temporarily lift the extension table legs while moving.

http://www.wmhtoolgroup.com/product_images/images/708120.jpg

#3 you could build your own. I went with #3. #2 is the inexpensive, fast, and low slung route. #1 is the safe option but I hear they are backordered.

Enjoy the saw!

Alan See
04-13-2005, 7:21 PM
Ron, Welcome to the very rabidly growing Sawstop fraternity. HTC is the only source for a mobile base specifically to fit the Sawstop. I ordered one from them last week, and they told me it wouldn't ship for a while. They'll send me one as soon as they build some more.
Joseph, Have you recieved your HTC base? I'd like to know what you think of it.

JOSEPH GOVEA
04-13-2005, 7:52 PM
Ron, Welcome to the very rabidly growing Sawstop fraternity. HTC is the only source for a mobile base specifically to fit the Sawstop. I ordered one from them last week, and they told me it wouldn't ship for a while. They'll send me one as soon as they build some more.
Joseph, Have you recieved your HTC base? I'd like to know what you think of it.

Alan, I anticipate my mobile base to be in by this friday, I'am going to call HTC tomarrow to confirm that it has shipped. I called today but they were closed:eek: I forgot that HTC is back east somewhere. As soon as I get it I will let you guys know what I think. Yes is seems we have a growing # of Sawstop owners on this forum:) Hope to hear from you all.