PDA

View Full Version : Is this banding???

Bruce Dorworth
09-04-2012, 6:40 PM
Hello all, I recently bought some laser tiles to try and do some photos on. Well the photos turn out real well except I am getting this weird banding. I am processing the photos in photograv and 1touch. I have tried resampling everything in photopaaint as well as 1 touch and photograv. I think it is a dpi/scan gap problem both can not figure it out. I does this on the tiles and also on wood(the wood is not as noticible)

I have a 80w Gweike laser.

Bruce

Chuck Stone
09-04-2012, 6:53 PM
how is the photo being scanned? What DPI do you use to engrave?

Bruce Dorworth
09-04-2012, 6:58 PM
The original picture dpi was 72 in one of the cases, so I resampled it in Photograv to 300 dpi and changed the size. I then ran it through the Photo Grav process. The bmp picture looks perfect. I also did this same process(resampled image) in Corel Photopaint before running it through PhotoGrav. I got the same result.

Bruce

Lucy Lee
09-04-2012, 8:50 PM
Hi Bruce,

which laser tube you use?

Usually for photo engraving ,60w laser tube will be better than RECI one .

Best Regards

Lucy Lee
G.WEIKE LASER

The original picture dpi was 72 in one of the cases, so I resampled it in Photograv to 300 dpi and changed the size. I then ran it through the Photo Grav process. The bmp picture looks perfect. I also did this same process(resampled image) in Corel Photopaint before running it through PhotoGrav. I got the same result.

Bruce

Bruce Dorworth
09-04-2012, 11:59 PM
Lucy, thank you for the response. Yes I am using the 80 watt reci. How would that make a difference in the banding?

Bruce

Frank Corker
09-05-2012, 6:01 AM
Definitely looks like banding. Before you engrave, make sure that the image that you intend to use in Corel has been resized to the size of the piece. Sometimes if the image is considerably larger before you engrave it, the banding can occur when the image has been shrunk to fit.

Chuck Stone
09-05-2012, 7:36 AM
what DPI do you use to engrave?