PDA

View Full Version : Shout out for Lie Nielsen

Prashun Patel
09-04-2012, 10:31 AM
...as if they need it.

I dropped my LN102 block plane and bent the spin wheel (note to self: add some adhesive sandpaper to cheeks). I inquired about purchasing a replacement, and they said they'd send me one at no charge - without my prompting. That kind of service is making my purchase of a new rabbet block plane easier...

Jim Stewart
09-04-2012, 10:53 AM
Good People!

Zach Dillinger
09-04-2012, 11:41 AM
I had a similar accident, and similar experience, with LN. I dropped my rabbet block and snapped the front knob (no damage to the casting). Called 'em up, they told me to send it back and they'd fix it. I couldn't be without it (in the middle of a large project), so I just had them send me the new part. It arrived two days later. Great folks!

Dale Cruea
09-04-2012, 3:54 PM
Good to know. I have a LN 60 1/2 that has a bent spin wheel screw. I don't know how it got bent.
I think I will send them an e-mail.
Thanks for the post.

Dale Cruea
09-05-2012, 9:16 PM
I did e-mail LN yesterday about my spinwheel.
Sure enough, No questions asked, Jessica said they put it in the mail today.
I offered to pay for it twice and she told me no, twice.

I liked the part where the replying e-mail referred to me as Dale and not "Valued Customer".
Between LV and LN having great customer relations it is getting harder to decide from whom to buy tools.

Ralph Boumenot
09-06-2012, 6:17 AM
LN has replaced a couple of parts for me. The first was my spin wheel on my block plane. They have also replaced a screw on my router plane and the knobs on my vise handles. They were all considered replacement parts by LN. This is why I try to buy LN tools only. I know that I'll get excellent after the sale support.

Jeff Heath
09-06-2012, 10:39 PM
And you will love the rabbeting low angle block plane. I use it all the time, and it never leaves my benchtop.

Jeff

Rick Fisher
09-07-2012, 2:46 AM
Both Lie Nielsen and Lee Valley have outstanding customer service.. Impressive companies..