PDA

View Full Version : Best Tree Pole Pruner

Carroll Courtney
09-03-2012, 11:28 AM
No,not the kind that you hire out.:D With fall around the corner here in the south(Tx) which is when I trim my trees and each season I cuss my HD tree trimer cause I need to be a arm wrestler to use it.Is there any tree trimmers out there that does not require the strength of Hercules to use,maybe limbs around 1" or less.Whats out there?????------Tks Carroll

Gary Hodgin
09-03-2012, 12:25 PM
I've never used a tree trimmer but I had a couple of trees cut down by professionals earlier this year. They worked late and left their trim saw in my yard. I brought it in and keep it till they could pick it up. It was a Stihl. I don't recall the model number but it was one of these.

http://www.stihlusa.com/products/chain-saws/in-tree-saws/

Gary Hodgin
09-03-2012, 2:58 PM
Just noticed you were asking about a pole pruner not a tree trimming chain saw. I have a HD pruner and a Black and Decker electric chain saw on a pole. Both get pretty heavy after a short time of use. The B&D is a 10 in saw.

P.S. Just checked and my pole pruner is a Fiskars and my B&D electric chain saw on a pole has been discontinued. They sell a cordless one now. I think I could have used them when I was younger and in better shape. Now, they both wear me out and I get dizzy when I look up for a few seconds. I think I'll put them both on CL.

bob svoboda
09-03-2012, 3:14 PM
Stihl sells 3 or 4 different pole pruners. The smaller ones are relatively light, if a bit spendy.

Carroll Courtney
09-03-2012, 5:00 PM
Yea,I had to change my question Gary,I did not know there is a difference.I though they were the same thing,Tks for the replys----Carroll

Matt Meiser
09-03-2012, 5:27 PM
Check out this thread: http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?188469-Pruning-Saw-recommendation

I ordered the Corona Joe recommended from Amazon and it seems nice, but its been too hot this summer to try it out much!

Norris Randall
09-03-2012, 10:15 PM
I've had my Echo pole saw for several years and still have nothing bad to say about it.
Just turned 80 and still able to use it for short time before short rest stop.
I also purchased the hedge trimmer that works on the same power head. Both are great.
Google Echo pole saw. "After the price is forgotten the quality lingers on."