PDA

View Full Version : Setting up flexisign with GCC GLS engraver

Carlos Aveleyra
09-02-2012, 10:39 PM
Hey everyone!

I'm fairly new to posting on sawmill creek although i have been lurking around for a few years now.

A few months ago i purchased a GCC spirit GLS 60w and have been drawing everything in flexisign and just using coreldraw to output the files. I now have bought a new pc and decided i would use the flexisign on the new pc and try to get it outputting directly from flexisign rather than using coreldraw.

After installing flexisign and the drivers for the GLS on my new pc. It seems to have problems sending the files to the engraver, and the strange thing is i have successfully sent files on the new pc from flexi but out of the countless times i have tried to output the files only 4 have gone through and i cannot for the life of me narrow down why some are sending and the majority aren't.

Is anyone here running flexi with there laser engraver that can perhaps help me. Also i understand most laser engraver drivers are optimized specifically to work with corel, but i have been using flexi for 5 years and also used it with my old gravograph ls900 and had no problem directly outputting from it with that machine.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!! :)

Kevin L. Waldron
09-03-2012, 11:13 PM
We have Flexi 8.6 but haven't used in in several years...... if I were guessing I'd say your print spooler is not connecting properly with your laser. Flexi always gave us fits in this area when we changed up printers a lot.

Blessings,

Kevin

Carlos Aveleyra
09-04-2012, 6:32 PM
I tried again last night and still cant figure out what it might be. I installed corel x5 on the same computer and every file i send through from corel send's instantly with no problem at all. Also when i opened up the color spec's menu on flexisign before i had the driver's for my engraver installed and looked in the swatch library, when scrolling through the vendors menu it has the make of all different plotters and engraver's such as trotec. So i selected GCC and another menu came up under it to select "laser" or "nautilus" color swatch chart. So i imported the laser color swatch. I can't see why they would have such a option in flexisign if a GCC laser was unable to work with flexisign. -_____-'

Mike Null
09-05-2012, 7:33 AM
Carlos

It may be that the GCC refers to a plotter rather than a laser, thus the reason for including it.