PDA

View Full Version : Festool online retailer suggestions

Rich Riddle
09-01-2012, 8:43 PM
Hello,

I am looking to purchase a Festool Sander. Since it's set pricing with no discounts, does anyone have a favorite retailer that is better than the rest he would recommend? Thank you.

Matt Meiser
09-01-2012, 9:08 PM
Tool Nut
Bob Marino
Hartville Tool
Woodcraft

Mike Heidrick
09-01-2012, 10:51 PM
Bob Marino
McFeelys
Amazon

Rick Fisher
09-02-2012, 2:43 AM
If I where in the USA .. I would buy from Bob Marino..

Victor Robinson
09-02-2012, 4:52 AM
Bob Marino or Tool Home (Tom Bellamare)

Scott T Smith
09-02-2012, 9:49 AM
Wall Lumber is also a Festool Dealer, and they are great folks to work with.

Rick Gooden
09-02-2012, 9:49 AM
My only experience with Festool came just last week. I ordered a 700xl domino from Bob Marino on Tuesday morning, had it the next afternoon (UPS), and with free shipping. Possibly the best service I have ever had. My next Festool purchase will definitely be with Bob Marino.

Peter Stahl
09-02-2012, 9:58 AM
I also say Bob Marino. You can email him with any question and he replies quickly. Great customer service!

Matt Meiser
09-02-2012, 10:24 AM
Oh, I forgot to add Woodwerks.

Nothing against dealers like Bob, ToolNut, and Woodwerks, but the chances of getting a defective tool are minimal, making after-sale support almost uneeded. I did get a sweatshirt that wasn't up to my expectations (it shrank badly and unevenly on the first wash) and Bob took care of it. My buying lately has been more along the lines of "who's site can I find it at and get checked out the easiest." which means ToolNut, who sells a lot through Amazon has been winning for accessories. If I need it quick, Amazon, Woodwerks or Hartville win (though Hartville recently switched from using UPS as their default shipping which means they no longer ship "overnight" to me.) And I try to spread it around a little. Honestly, they are all great for different reasons.

You only asked about online. If my local Woodcraft has what I want in stock, I buy it from them.

Jim Neeley
09-02-2012, 9:32 PM
With the prices being the same everywhere, consider finding a local reseller, to support their business. It's tough making it when you're small and they probably sell other things you like too! :)

Mike Heidrick
09-02-2012, 9:53 PM
Jim, Many times my local guys say they have to order items too. Thats a hard sell when their shipments take longer than amazon and then you have to go back in and pay sales tax upfront ( ;) ).

Stuart Deutsch
09-02-2012, 10:05 PM
I've purchased from Amazon and Tool Nut with great experiences from both. With Tool Nut, I called up with a question on a Saturday afternoon and reached a human being. If I buy more Festool it'll likely be from them.

Mike Heidrick
09-02-2012, 11:22 PM
Ill say this too - Folks at amazon are working tonight on the Sunday before a holiday Monday for many of us.

Darl Bundren
09-03-2012, 12:01 PM
I bought a sander locally, had to wait ten days or so, and paid sales tax on it. I've purchased from Bob Marino before with no problems.

Jim Neeley
09-04-2012, 12:08 AM
Hard sell, perhaps... but...

Do you find you local supplier convenient??

How many local suppliers have gone out of business because they couldn't compete with the internet boys.

That's fine and dandy if you're willing to wait on anything else you'd buy from them in the future, because they've gone out of business..

Yes, it's a balancing act... although the lack of people willing to pay the sales tax (which they don't make money from) is part of what's putting them out of business.

Just a thought.. and my $0.02...

Bruce Page
09-04-2012, 12:21 AM
Bob Marino will take good care of you.

Mike Heidrick
09-04-2012, 1:48 AM
Sales tax, and the fact I do not have to drive to a store or home, or take off work early because the woodworking store closes at 5pm and I get home latter than that many times, and the internet sells all the attachments or the accessories, and the internet sites are not not limited by brands or even subjet in many cases. For example I can buy a systainer and a Stanley fat max tape measure and a couple kitchen things for the wife at the same place on the same transaction like i did last week. Will all be here Wednesday or Thursday. I want to play Friday so the shipping time was perfect even with a holiday.

Jerome Stanek
09-04-2012, 5:20 AM
I would consider Hartville as I am a member of the woodnet forum and they give a discount to members with free shipping every day.

Jim dePrado
09-04-2012, 7:12 AM
Bob Marino is the my choice. Awesome customer service!

Mike Cutler
09-04-2012, 12:25 PM
Bob Marino would be my first choice,and I'd wait for him if necessary.
Great guy to talk all things Festool too. Purchase or not.

Don't assume it's always a set price with Festool. As they make subtle improvements to their products they will from time to time let the retaillers discount current inventory. For example my OF2200 router was $699.00, regular price is $825, because they are improving/modifying the systainer box it comes in.

Chris Hedges
09-04-2012, 8:05 PM
Jim, Many times my local guys say they have to order items too. Thats a hard sell when their shipments take longer than amazon and then you have to go back in and pay sales tax upfront ( ;) ).

Yeah...its a pain to have to pay those taxes. I mean how else could we fund all those things we take advantage of on a daily basis. Imagine all the things we could accomplish if we started charging tax on on-line sales?

Next time, ask you local dealer if they can have it drop shipped directly to you. The dealer will only make 10% on it but something is better than nothing.

Chris

Jim German
09-06-2012, 12:15 PM
I was quite dissapointed with Bob Marino. I ordered something back in April from him, and since I also live in NJ I figured it would come very quickly. However it instead shipped from Ohio so it took a few days. Not really a big deal on its own. However then a few weeks ago I get a random invoice from him that has almost zero details and charged me a few bucks for 'Misc Adjustment'. No other information. I had to e-mail him a few times to find out that it was the sales tax for my order that he mistakenly never charged me many months ago.

Greg Ladd
09-11-2012, 5:51 PM
Bob Marino is my Festool dealer of choice. Great guy with great service.

Greg

Jim Becker
09-12-2012, 10:25 PM
If I where in the USA .. I would buy from Bob Marino..
Ditto. The only one I buy Festool from...