PDA

View Full Version : Box Joint Jig

David Fried
04-12-2005, 11:25 PM
My router table came with a box joint jig. I tried to use it last summer but the result wasn't a joint. It seemed using a 6 inch ruler I couldn't get it set up right.

I tried it again the other night with a piece of scrap Oak. The differnce is that now I have a caliper. What a difference!

The box is 3" x 6" x 4". Even though this was just a test I will have to put some hardware on it and find a use for it. It's so small my glasses don't even fit in it!

Now I'll have to find a project where I can really use the jig.

Corey Hallagan
04-12-2005, 11:27 PM
That looks great! Box joint project have always intriqued me and I have want to buy a jig for along time. I will eventually. Again, nice job!
Corey

Jeff Sudmeier
04-13-2005, 8:17 AM
That really looks great! You do need to find a use for that box :)

Tom Hurlebaus
04-13-2005, 10:12 AM
David, the box and joints look great. I haven't used my hand held router much and I've been seriously thinking that I'm really missing something. I've been researching router tables, TS table extensions and 3HP routers to plan a purchase.

Looking at what you've created makes me want to run out today and take the plunge (is that a pun ?)

Scroller Tom

Mark Singer
04-13-2005, 10:15 AM
It looks great! I thought it was another casket....I guess I had the scale wrong....:rolleyes:

David Fried
04-13-2005, 1:19 PM
It looks great! I thought it was another casket....I guess I had the scale wrong....:rolleyes:

I suppose it could be. What are Eric's measurements? :eek: