PDA

View Full Version : sign materials

Kevin Clark2227
08-31-2012, 4:30 PM
I am looking into creating a few signs to display. My questions is where do I find a supplier for "corner buttons" like in this photo.240287

Or the frosted acrylic or glass like in this photo 240288

Paul Phillips
08-31-2012, 5:09 PM
There are many sources but I use johnson plastics for the stand-offs and they have the engraver sized frosted acrylic as well but I'm sure can find it cheaper in full 4'x8' sheets from an acrylic supplier such as sabic polymershapes or calsak depending on where you are located.

Mark Sipes
08-31-2012, 5:23 PM
Not sure where you are located so ......

JRSCOINC.com is a source for the "sign supports" in brass and alum 3/4" x 1 1/4" or 1/2" x 7/8" also BFPlastics.com the supports "stand-off" .20" - 1.5" and plastic are available from any good plastics distributor like Johnson Plastics ..... 1/8" - 1/4" Color cast Acrylic (Rowmark)

Martin Boekers
08-31-2012, 5:41 PM
Check these guys out for standoffs they have a good selection and are cheaper than most. Get there catalogs as they supply
many different items.

www.outwater.com/ (http://www.outwater.com/)

You can buy the frosted glass at any local glass shop, Let them know what you do you may get some business from them.

Joe Pelonio
08-31-2012, 10:18 PM
I still have a couple of partial sheets of frosted acrylic in the garage from making signs very much like those. ADA letters and
braille added, and standoffs to mount. Fun installation in a new office building in Seattle, with also lobby directories and repeat business as room occupants change. I have local sources but have also used www signstandoffs com