PDA

View Full Version : Roland pnc 2300 any one used one?

James Huggins
08-31-2012, 1:20 PM
Hi, I've been offered this machine and wondered if any one has used one? We use a gravograph and engrave with a nose cone, all of our work is rigid laminate 1.5mm and it's important for us to get the text a nice equal depth, would one of those be ok for some smaller jobs engraving without a nose cone? Reason I ask is we use to use a cnc machine and had issues with getting the depth right

Jame

Mark Sipes
08-31-2012, 3:42 PM
I do not have PNC2300 but by reading the user manual http://www.scribd.com/doc/47677317/Roland-PNC-2300-Users-Manual if the table is square and the material is flat and attached to the table the depth should be fine. the use of a nose cone is always best if depth is a critcal factor. Is the fact the lettering gets wider as the cutter goes deeper that creates the problem? I have solved that problem by going to 2 fluted mini end mills,....... or sharpening my cutters to a 22* ACR tip for plastics

Rodne Gold
08-31-2012, 5:55 PM
I have one , excellent for both rotary and scratch engraving .. if you level the table , you can get consistent results. Its a bit puny but it works well. Still tons of support for the machine on the Roland site. It does 3D work too