PDA

View Full Version : Woodturning galleries/ interesting venues in Myrtle Beach,SC area?

Roger Chandler
08-31-2012, 7:37 AM
Does anyone know of interesting woodturning related galleries, wood suppliers or must see stops for a wood turner in the Myrtle Beach, SC area? Say within 50 miles. I have an upcoming vacation and might want to see some turning related sights.

I always like to see the work of other turners.

David Gilbert
08-31-2012, 7:14 PM
I spent most of March in Myrtle Beach and found very little wood turning in the area. While I was there the Myrtle Beach Art Museum had an AAW touring show with some very impressive works but I think that it has moved on. I did find one place that was interesting. I think it is called Workshop Tools and it is out 501 opposite the Tanger Outlet Mall. It was in front of the Hampton Inn Myrtle Beach West. It had a lot of cheap tools. I picked up some sanding discs and an assortment of other things. Since I got back I think I have used them once. This isn't a make or break place to visit but you could spend an hour or so while others spend their money at Tanger. My thought is that it would be better to spend most of your time on the beach or at a golf course.

Have fun,
David

Rob Sitze
08-31-2012, 8:28 PM
I was there a few weeks ago and didn't really find anything woodworking related to do. I was pretty bored the whole time.