PDA

View Full Version : Good day at the dump

David Fried
04-12-2005, 10:27 PM
Made a dump run this morning. The ladies in front of me were pulling files and rasps out of their trunk. I helped them out and put them in my trunk. The files and rasps, that is, not the nice old ladies. :D Some of the files are in good shape while other are just worn smooth. The smooth ones will be good steel for some future project.

Next I stopped at the metal area and picked up a parts bin cabinet about 4' x 4' with 81 bins. It needs some sanding and rustoleum but I think it work out. It weighs a ton! I think I will use half the bins to store pen blanks and the other half to store fasteners. Sorry the picture isn't better but I had the camera settings wrong.

Alan Turner
04-12-2005, 11:31 PM
Yup, I've been known to dumpster dive a bit also. NIce haul.

Jeff Sudmeier
04-13-2005, 8:16 AM
A great day at the dump! We have curb side pickup, so I don't get the joys of going to the dump like I used to.

Dennis Peacock
04-13-2005, 8:59 AM
Congrats on the dump find. :D They don't allow us to remove anything from the dump around these parts. Once it goes into the dump? It can never leave!! :rolleyes:

Bill Lewis
04-13-2005, 9:00 AM
A great day at the dump! We have curb side pickup, so I don't get the joys of going to the dump like I used to.

...And it's really embarassing to be seen going through your neighbors trash.

I really had the temptation the other day. Got a neighbor in front who was moving out. He was throwing out tons of computer related stuff (and who knows what other gems) from his home office. It was about all I could do to just look away while we were walking the dogs...

Bob Winkler
04-13-2005, 12:36 PM
Nice finds! The Storrs dump must be much better than the Vernon one!

Chris Padilla
04-13-2005, 4:22 PM
Hey David,

That looks like a nice old Chevrolet you have there...pics/details? :D

Ted Shrader
04-13-2005, 4:31 PM
Congrats on the dump find. :D They don't allow us to remove anything from the dump around these parts. Once it goes into the dump? It can never leave!! :rolleyes:Same thing here. I guess they don't want the hassle of extra people in the way or something.

David -

You had a lucky day. Did you buy a lottery ticket?

Ted