PDA

View Full Version : New tools & such in the shop...

Kelly C. Hanna
04-12-2005, 9:49 PM
It's been awhile since I posted anything about the shop. It was in transition for awhile due to a motor swap in the old truck, but lately we have made inroads getting it back into shape.

Awhile back at Steve's BBQ I took delivery of the DC you see in the shots below. I also bought a compressor that same weekend. Both have been crammed next to a wall for months. I've been using the compressor, but not the DC (didn't have an extra 220 to spare).

Between now and then I bought a DeWalt 18v hammerdrill/sawzall combo kit. Decided to get the soft bag amd an extra battery. The bag is so roomy I can get all my bits and sawzall blades inside it (which is great for the jobsite). I've never had a drill with 3 speeds and am already spoiled! The sawzall was actually surprising in how much it cut on each battery's runtime.

Monday Lamar and I finished a new deck addition post setting, then headed to the house to install the new 220 and a four outlet 110 box. Now the DC and compressor have their own space where a mutli-shelf unit used to be. The removed sheetrock will be replaced eventually with plywood.

Then I removed the 30" rails on my 1023 and today we installed the 7' (52") rails. I measured and can actually get 54" to the right of the blade. Now comes the question...

I want to incorporate the router plate in the new yet-to-built extension table. I would like to see pics of what you have built in your table. I want to have a cabinet underneath, but have to lave room for the motor cover's swing. Anyone else done this on their 1023s?

Here's the pics in order of their mention. Sure feels good to be getting the shop in shape for spring.

Ken Fitzgerald
04-12-2005, 9:52 PM
Lot's of new nice tools....Now....clean the grease off you hands and get to making sawdust! :rolleyes: :D Congrats Kelly! :)

Corey Hallagan
04-12-2005, 11:40 PM
Nice tool gloats Kelly! Looks like you could have used that table extension and router during your cab rehab! Congrats.

Corey

Kelly C. Hanna
04-13-2005, 12:48 AM
Actually I was the stainer on this job...Lamar did all the woodworking in his shop.