PDA

View Full Version : Vector Cutting Times

Daniel Markovich
08-29-2012, 7:56 PM
So I have tried cutting a stencil at Speed=50% Power 50% then again at Speed=100% Power=100% and have almost the same exact run time for each. Can someone explain why that is when there is a big difference in the speed settings?

Lee DeRaud
08-29-2012, 8:05 PM
On my ULS, vector cutting maxes out at about 20%-25%...don't know for sure because there are very few materials my 25W machine will cut at those speeds anyway. I assume it's because the max Y-axis speed is much slower than the max X-axis speed because it is moving a lot more weight, and in vector mode it's limited by the slower of the two. In raster mode, the two axes never move together and the Y-axis motion is a tiny fraction of the total.

Daniel Markovich
08-29-2012, 8:08 PM
Hmm. Makes total sense. Thanks!

Doug Griffith
08-30-2012, 11:36 AM
That doesn't sound normal to me. When I cut at 100%, the machine is much faster than at 50%.

It could possibly depend on the intricacy of the drawing where there is a lot of change in direction.

Joe Hillmann
08-30-2012, 1:34 PM
On a universal machine it slows way down and also cuts the power to make up for the slower speed on curves and angled lines. The only place where it actually goes at the speed you set it at is on straight up and down and straight left and right cuts. Also if your straight line cuts are short the head doesn't have enough time to accelerate up to the speed you set it to.

rich shepard
09-01-2012, 10:25 PM
Check your line color if your using color mapping. If not RGB the laser will default to factory setting of about 50/50. Had that problem on a few imported jobs
rich