PDA

View Full Version : Laguna Tools Ceramic Guides

Richard McComas
08-29-2012, 4:21 PM
Has anyone put these guide on an Agazzanni B-24 band saw? What I would like to know is if the fit with making modifications.

Andrew Hughes
08-29-2012, 6:52 PM
Hi Richard,I am curious why you want to switch to lagunas guides?I had a laguna saw with ceramic guides they are nice but took me longer to set.i sold the saw in june and do my resawing on a B20/20.Maybe you are sawing some curves?If you dont find a answer i have number somewere of the tech who services agazzanni saws here in california really nice guy his name is Arturo he would know.Good Luck Andrew

David Wong
08-29-2012, 9:25 PM
I installed Laguna ceramic guides on my 2004 Felder F540 bandsaw (~20"). The original guides resin bound, so I elected to purchase new guides. The blade guard had to be shortened to allow the new guides to fit. I used a hacksaw to cut it off. I really cannot compare these guides to roller guides, because this is my first bandsaw. So far, I have no complaint about the performance of the saw. I have resawn 12" material accurately.

Steven Hsieh
08-29-2012, 9:29 PM
They are only good for smaller blades cutting curves, not so much for resaw.

Mike Heidrick
08-29-2012, 11:13 PM
They are only good for smaller blades cutting curves, not so much for resaw.

???

They work perfect with a 1 1/4" trimaster and 1 1/4" resaw king on a 20" resaw capable minimax 20" doing full resaws in maple. Guessing you are an internet expert on this topic or are thinking saws MUCH bigger than mine??

All this being said, I saw no real improvement over my bearings that came with the MM20.

My page on installing them on a MM20. Guessing the Agazzani will be close enough.

http://myplace.frontier.com/~unix888/lagunaceramicguideinstallonminimaxmm20replacingthe originalbearingguides/ (http://myplace.frontier.com/%7Eunix888/lagunaceramicguideinstallonminimaxmm20replacingthe originalbearingguides/)

Steven Hsieh
08-29-2012, 11:34 PM
For bandsaw advice
Talk to Van Huskey about this is
this is his department

That is what I meant

They will work fine in resaw

but there is no real improvement or benefit of changing the MM20 guides to laguna guides.

Laguna guides are best for smaller blades curves

Mike Wilkins
08-30-2012, 9:13 AM
Call Laguna to see if they can provide ceramic guides to fit your saw. I own a Laguna LT-18 that came with the original Euro guides. Swapped them out for a set of ceramic guides and they work fine. I have used blades from 1/4" to 1" with out a hitch. Set up is a little cumbersome each time you change blades, which I don't do often. But you have to set up the guides each time you change blades, no matter what type of guides you use. To lessen blade change chores, I just got a smaller bench top saw to run the small blades.

Richard McComas
08-31-2012, 3:15 AM
Thanks for the input guys. I guess I'll re-think the ceramic guides.

Mike Heidrick
08-31-2012, 3:30 AM
For bandsaw advice
Talk to Van Huskey about this is
this is his department

That is what I meant

They will work fine in resaw

but there is no real improvement or benefit of changing the MM20 guides to laguna guides.

Laguna guides are best for smaller blades curves

OK, Gotcha. I figured I was missing something in your comment.

I actually like the Carter blade stabilizer for small super curvey work. I put on on the Jet 16" (my 2nd saw).