PDA

View Full Version : Now this is just cool, I wish I was a turner.....

Bill Huber
08-28-2012, 11:37 PM
I am not a turner, just don't have the room for a lath but if I was I sure would be looking into something like this.

I have see the illusion of the face in the candle holder but this just ups that by a bunch. I don't know but I am sure most here have seen this or do it but this is the first time I have seen it.

http://www.turnyourhead.com/pirolette.php

Rick Markham
08-29-2012, 12:47 AM
That's something I haven't seen before either Bill, thank you for posting this. It's interesting, and very tempting, I will definitely be adding this to my "bucket list"

Josh Bowman
08-29-2012, 7:57 AM
Bill, I just flipped in and out of the link and thought, that's kind of a novice shape....:eek:....then I did the double take and relized it was the profile of faces. That is way cool! It's kind of got the Bev Doolittle thing going on with the hidden shapes in another shape. I've got to try that, what a great conversation piece. Thanks for sharing.

Bernie Weishapl
08-29-2012, 10:19 AM
That is cool. Thanks for sharing.

Steve Vaughan
08-29-2012, 12:22 PM
I'm liking this for sure! Gonna be yet another form to turn, what a great idea!

Paul Engle
08-29-2012, 12:36 PM
About 5-6 years ago one of the members did a tutorial on how to produce this type of turning and I looked for it but cannot seem to find , maybe one of the moderators can remember and dig it out and repost to this thread , as it was pretty nifty. Seems to me t here is a term for this type , but I got too much saw dust and chips in there to find it ....

Jerry Rhoads
08-29-2012, 1:08 PM
Very nice profiles, thanks for sharing

Jim Burr
08-29-2012, 2:00 PM
Ha!!! Now that's original...just when you think you've seen it all!

Bill White
08-29-2012, 2:06 PM
Took me a sec to figger out what it was, but.......COOL.
I dare not try it with my profile. The lathe would explode when it came to the mustache and the double chin. :)
Bill

Jim Oakley
08-29-2012, 5:12 PM
i had though about doing one on two axes, where one axis is me, and the other is my wife's sillouette.
never got around to doing it.
maybe soon...