PDA

View Full Version : Ft Washington Show?

Bill Grumbine
04-12-2005, 7:31 PM
Greetings all

Is anyone here planning on being at the Ft Washington show this Friday? It is a Thursday/Friday show for all of us professionals who have so much money we can take a couple of days off from work to go spend even more money! Ha ha, not really, but I will be there sometime late Friday morning and for the rest of the day, since I will be waiting to load up a new MM 20 bandsaw into the back of my truck!

Hopefully I will see some of you there!

Bill

Nick Mitchell
04-12-2005, 7:54 PM
I'll be there. Flying down on thursday. I'll be at the show thursday afternoon and all day friday. I'll be signing my life away at the Felder booth and slumming it next door at the Martin display ;)

Any of the seminars interest you?

Paul B. Cresti
04-12-2005, 8:00 PM
Bill, Nick,
Yes us pros with three jobs to feed all five mouths (inlcuding mine) will be there on Thursday afternoon. I have to work extra hours all week at my day job just to get there!

Bob Marino
04-12-2005, 8:33 PM
I will be at the Festool booth both days and am looking forward to meeting some Creekers :D :D !

Bob

Jim Becker
04-13-2005, 12:27 AM
Yes, Bill...I'll be there Friday afternoon...with my awesome Festool Shirt on, but likely hanging around the Mini Max booth after crusing the show. 'Gotta beat up on Jim and Michael!!

John Motzi
04-13-2005, 5:53 AM
I will be there Friday AM and then at the Philly Furniture show on Saturday

JM

John Renzetti
04-13-2005, 6:35 AM
I'll be there both days. At the Felder booth and then roaming around. Looking for an edgesander.
John M. thanks for the reminder on the PHL Furniture show.
take care,
John

Chris Mann
04-13-2005, 8:12 AM
I'll be there thursday afternoon to mid friday. anyone up for a thursday evening get together?

Bill Lewis
04-13-2005, 8:26 AM
What show!? and Which Ft. Washington?

What am i missing here?

Jim Becker
04-13-2005, 9:03 AM
Bill, Ft Washington PA "pro" show. "Big stuff"...argh, argh, argh... ;) :D

Bill Lewis
04-13-2005, 9:07 AM
Jim, I went out and did a search and found it. Looks like it would be fun to go to.

John Renzetti
04-13-2005, 9:10 AM
What show!? and Which Ft. Washington?

What am i missing here?

Bill, This is the Mid Atlantic Industrial Woodworking Expo. It's a regional show put on by Trade Shows Inc or TSI Expos. It's at the Ft Washington Center in Ft Washington PA just north of Philadelphia. Mostly large equipment.
It runs from 9-5, Thursday, 9-4 Friday.
These shows used to be "trade only" but in recent years they've realized that a lot of us non pros do buy the larger equipment, so getting in is not so difficult. So if you go just register as Bill Lewis Woodworking or something like that. It's worthwhile just to see whats available in machinery, tooling and other supplies.
take care,
John

John Stevens
04-13-2005, 9:18 AM
I'll be there both days, in classes most of the time, otherwise roaming the floor. Anyone up for lunch on Thu or Fri?

Bill Lewis
04-13-2005, 9:27 AM
John,

Thanks, for the info. Had I more notice I might have been able to attend. I'll kepp checking the dates for possibly attending in the future. Have fun!

Bill Grumbine
04-13-2005, 9:31 AM
Well I will be the large handsome fellow, probably sporting a Festool hat, and pestering the Mini Max guys, to the, shall we say, Max. Some of the usual suspects I will recognize, but if I don't know you, and you happen to recognize me, please come up and say hello. Am I hard to recognize? Not at all, I have no problems recognizing myself. Like I say, large. Think large, linebacker large, and you will get it. Not only that, I will have a big nametag on that has my name and Wonderful Wood, which is my company name.

I will look for you all there!

Bill

Nick Mitchell
04-13-2005, 7:47 PM
I don't suppose anyone knows how far it is from the Philadelphia airport to Fort Washington? I was thinking of renting a car but I'll just take a cab if it's not too far and too expensive.

Bill Grumbine
04-13-2005, 9:08 PM
Hi Nick

I can't tell you how far in miles, but I can tell you that it would be cheaper to rent a car than to pay a cab, especially if the traffic slows down on the Blue Route. Even if the traffic doesn't slow down (HAH!) renting would probably be cheaper, and you would have more freedom of movement.

Bill

Nick Mitchell
04-13-2005, 10:11 PM
Thanks Bill, I'll check it out when I arrive. Don't really need the car though since I'm staying right next door at the Holiday Inn...well, I'll see.

Jim Becker
04-14-2005, 12:17 AM
I don't suppose anyone knows how far it is from the Philadelphia airport to Fort Washington? I was thinking of renting a car but I'll just take a cab if it's not too far and too expensive.

Nick, the airport is about 35 miles each way to/from Ft Washington. (A drive I know by heart, although my ride is 50 miles along the same route) Try Orbitz.com to see if you can score a low-cost rental...cabs will be very expensive.