PDA

View Full Version : coreldraw versions

Kevin Clark2227
08-27-2012, 10:16 PM
I have CD X6 but I was looking at buying an older version that has more graphics with it. Which version would be the best to get that would have the most graphics (clip art, etc.) to get.

Trying to get some things in order before my new Epilog Helix shows up.

Bruce Volden
08-27-2012, 10:32 PM
CD 5 and CD 8 both had great graphics available-----PLUS they had the clipart manuals which often times made the searching easier as it was listed by topics. I can't remember which version dropped the manuals but I beieive you could purchase them separately for a nominal fee! I'm still using CD 11 to run my machines-haven't found reason to upgrade yet other than trying to view someone else's files posted on SMC---poor me!

Bruce

vic casware
08-27-2012, 11:10 PM
I got X5 when I got my Helix
Lots of Clipart with it.
I also had an old 1998 version of Corel Gallery Magic
with 25,000 vector images, 40,000 photos, 500 fonts
although it's amazing how it never seems to have just what i'm looking for.

Mike Null
08-28-2012, 6:47 AM
I agree on version 8. It has a great clipart file and is my "go to" file for whatever I need. I began with 8 and have 11, X3 and X5. None has the art files of 8 but there have been some category additions which are interesting--flames--for example. Also, more fonts have been added.

I've also had pretty good luck with the trace feature so I can import bitmaps from a variety of sources and convert them if needed.