PDA

View Full Version : Fein MultiMaster

Jack Wood
04-12-2005, 6:38 PM
Just got a brochure on the Fien Multimaster sanding system and at $415:eek: for the XL kit is this thing anywhere near what it says it is?

Richard Wolf
04-12-2005, 8:24 PM
All of Fien's tools are very high quailty with a price to match. Unless you have a task in mind its alot of money to spend on a tool that may have limited usefulness for you.

Richard

Rick Shelton
04-12-2005, 9:15 PM
I use the Multimaster during remodel work. It's expensive, but when you need it, it's worth every penny. I can't think of any other tool that can do a flush plunge cut as easily as the Fein. The sanding head is first rate, too.

John Miliunas
04-12-2005, 9:41 PM
Jack, the other guys already said what I was going to say! The XL will give you LOTS of options with that bad boy and, like Rick S. said, it will do things like no other tool I can think of will do! Flush, plunge, scrape and sand like nothing I've ever seen! :) Plus, I don't believe I've ever seen or used a Fein product, which wasn't designed and built to the highest standards. If you're a homeowner, with repairs and/or remodels in mind, it ranks right up there with a reciprocating saw, and that's saying a LOT!:) :cool:

Michael Ballent
04-12-2005, 9:49 PM
I own 3 of their tools and am completely impressed with them all of them. I have their Vac, Router, and the Multi-Master. If you do not want to drop that much at one time you can just buy the basic VS kit and then buy the accessories as you need them. It sorta like the debate of buying router bits as you need them or just buying the sets. Both sides of the debate have their merits.

Steve Roxberg
04-12-2005, 10:43 PM
I love mine, purchased it to sand and 80% of the time I am using it as a saw. For remodeling and working around the house is is invaulable and worth every penny.

Jack Wood
04-13-2005, 12:09 AM
Wow pretty solid reviews on this tool, now how can I get this past the wife:rolleyes:

Kevin Brown
04-13-2005, 11:37 AM
Hi Jack

Check out ALLPRO Tools (http://www.allprotools.com/store/page99.html) they have the VS XL kit for $289 and occasionally have them on sale, I think they where $259 a couple of weeks ago :(

No affiliation just a satisfied customer :)

Kevin

Scott Coffelt
04-13-2005, 11:48 AM
Of course you can wait to find the ultimate deal.... I bought a VS at an auction for $60 :D :D :D :D :p