PDA

View Full Version : News from my trip to IWF in Atlanta

Keith Outten
08-27-2012, 3:35 AM
Our trip to IWF in Atlanta Georgia was enjoyable and productive. We were able to visit many of the SawMill Creek advertisers booths and meet many of the people who have been major supporters of our Community for a long time. Jackie and I also spent some time with several of our Members who found us either at the CAMaster booth or called us on the phone to setup a meeting.

Because so many of you have been visiting our advertisers web sites and many have been purchasing their products they are happy to continue to support The Creek. In some cases we were able to start conversations with several companies who were interested in providing tools or materials for FreeStuff Drawings here in the future. Two companies expressed an interest in offering CNC Routers and one has already decided to offer some very nice Material Bundles. We spent countless hours visiting Vendor Booths marketing our banner advertising program here in an effort to attract new sponsors to our Community. The results of our efforts won't be known for some time however we are enthusiastic about our chances to attract new sponsors this year as the economy shows signs of improvement.

Tomorrow evening I will start off the new season with one FreeStuff drawing for a Laser Engraving Vector Table that has been donated and several very nice leather items that we purchased at IWF.

In the coming months we will provide FreeStuff Drawings for every major group here and we hope to be able to offer an expanded variety this season. I also hope that we will be able to attract more vendors who are willing to sponsor drawings for large machines.

Dave Lehnert
08-27-2012, 7:53 PM
Thanks Keith for your hard work with SawmillCreek

Keith Outten
08-27-2012, 9:53 PM
Your Welcome Dave,

Make sure you visit the FreeStuff Forum and register to win the Leather goodies we purchased for prizes.
I nearly lost my voice last week talking to so many people :) I will do some follow-up phone calls when my voice is back up to speed.

richard poitras
08-27-2012, 10:22 PM
Keith thanks for all the hard work you do and for putting SMC out there at the IWF. But I was wondering when you were at the show did you get your hands on any new cool tools that the forum should know about? And if so please tell ….. Pictures couldn’t hurt either. J
Richard

Keith Outten
08-28-2012, 6:17 AM
Richard,

We were at IWF Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Surprisingly I didn't buy any tools at all, I wanted another Bosch Colt router but they were sold out when I finally got around to visiting the Bosch booth. My tool budget is still recuperating from the purchase of my Trotec Laser Engraver earlier this year. :) My shopping spree was limited to the Leather Stuff Jackie and I purchased for FreeStuff Drawings however I did get a leather backpack for myself. We gave away all of the SawMill Creek file attachment DVD's we had to Members we met at IWF.

I had my camera and my iPad with me every day but I didn't take any pictures at IWF. In fact I only took one picture, of our Sprinter Van at The Varsity :)
We are starting a kind of traveling photo album of our Sprinter at various places we visit during our travels over the next few years. I hope to attend as many events as possible to represent The Creek and to meet as many Members of our Community as possible. I am planning to retire from my day job the first week of January 2013................:)

richard poitras
08-28-2012, 7:45 AM
Keith, thanks for the update on the IWF and congratulations on the up and coming retirement. It sounds like it will be fun traveling the country side.
Richard

Keith Outten
08-28-2012, 9:53 AM
Richard,

I will be in your neck of the woods in the Spring, we wil have to get together.

Matt Meiser
08-28-2012, 10:17 AM
Where are you headed Keith?

Tom Walz
08-28-2012, 11:07 AM
Wednesday is Chili Cheeseburger Day at the local joint if you want to stop by.

Seafood is always great here in Tacoma.

Stop by for lunch.

Tom

Jim Rimmer
08-28-2012, 12:59 PM
Thanks Keith for your hard work with SawmillCreek

+1 I love this site. And thanks for the Freestuff Drawings.

richard poitras
08-28-2012, 4:43 PM
Richard,

I will be in your neck of the woods in the Spring, we wil have to get together.

Keith,
The shops always open for a Creeker, a tour, some friendly wood talk, a good lunch and a cool beverage. Could get a few SMC people in the area and make an afternoon of it.

Richard

Keith Outten
08-28-2012, 6:57 PM
Where are you headed Keith?

Matt,

Just thought I would make the trip to St Louis to visit with Mike Null then catch the corner of Kansas up to Nebraska then to Iowa before I start back toward Michigan to visit with some of you guys and gals.

Keith Outten
08-28-2012, 7:03 PM
Tom, Washington State is a wee bit out of my driving range :)

Richard, a Creeker Gathering would be just the ticket.
---------------------
The following year maybe I can try the drive to Louisiana, Texas and Oklahoma.

I would like to take some pictures like the one below and get pictures with as many Creekers as possible.