PDA

View Full Version : IWF and Laser Tile

Bruce Dorworth
08-27-2012, 1:50 AM
Went to the show(IWF) this past weekend. I saw a mural of white tiles with a very nice photo engraved on them. I was told that these were Laser tiles. Has anyone here used these? What do you think?

I also saw a company engraving a photo on Home Depot Absolute Black granite. It looked really nice. I got a copy of this file to try when I got home. When I went to load it I found out it had an extension of .BM1. I have attached a copy of this file. Can anyone tell me what kind of file this is, and is there a way to convert this to something else?

Sorry, I was not able to upload the file.

Bruce

Steven Cox
08-27-2012, 2:31 AM
Sorry, I was not able to upload the file.

Bruce

Bruce try zipping the file then upload the zip.
Regards Steve.

Steve Busey
08-27-2012, 8:30 AM
I looked at it with a binary editor and the header reveals it's just a BMP file (probably named BM1 because it's been processed for engraving) - change the extension from .BM1 to .BMP and you should be good to go.

Here's the JPG equivalent:

Joe Pelonio
08-27-2012, 8:14 PM
Ah, negative for doing on black. The absolute black granite works fine, just choose individual tiles rather than buying a box.
Some of them are not really absolutely black.

Bruce Dorworth
08-27-2012, 8:18 PM
Thanks Steve and Joe!!! No one has tried the laser tiles???

Bruce

Scott Shepherd
08-27-2012, 9:30 PM
Thanks Steve and Joe!!! No one has tried the laser tiles???

Bruce

I've used it, it works well. The problem is it always ships from the west coast, so shipping can be way up there.

It is nice stuff. They have a sample kit you can buy that has a number of tiles in it. Give it a try.