PDA

View Full Version : Titebond III changed?

johnny means
08-27-2012, 12:25 AM
Jim Becker mentioned something in another thread that reminded me of something I'd noticed with my new bottles of Titebond III. Has anyone else noticed that it's not nearly as dark?

Kent A Bathurst
08-27-2012, 3:09 PM
Not me. But, then, I haven't been looking for that. My current supply is out of a gallon bought ~ 3 weeks ago. I refill 16 oz TB bottles and 8oz squeeze bottles from it. Seems the same to me, but - honestly - beats me. If there has been a change, it is a modest one that escaped my attention.

A question back atcha - how would this affect a project? Legitimate question - curious.

Larry Whitlow
08-27-2012, 4:33 PM
I did notice the exact same thing. Not sure why or what it means, if anything.

Matt McColley
08-28-2012, 1:21 PM
I also noticed that my two new bottles are both lighter than the one I just finished. They were also less viscous (they flowed more freely) than the old one.

I just chalked it up to air exposure darkening the old bottle up over time.

Jim Becker
09-12-2012, 10:29 PM
Hmmm...when I open the new bottle, I'll have to check that out!

Larry Whitlow
09-13-2012, 12:22 AM
I also noticed that my two new bottles are both lighter than the one I just finished. They were also less viscous (they flowed more freely) than the old one.

I just chalked it up to air exposure darkening the old bottle up over time.

Huh, I thought I was imagining things. The newest bottle I picked up last week seemed to be much thinner than what I'm used to. Maybe I've been buying old inventory or something.

HANK METZ
09-13-2012, 8:47 AM
A Franklin Internationalex- employee has explained that the formulations are simply tinted to differentiate each other, but that the base compounds in all are clear in the natural state. Kind of like why contact cement is tinted; to give you an idea of how much is laid down.

- Beachside Hank
Do not use remaining fingers as push sticks.