PDA

View Full Version : Progress (slow) on the Great Cleanup 2012

Kathy Marshall
08-26-2012, 9:44 PM
I'm making progress on the cleanup, if slowly. It's a much bigger job than it looks like, so much junk to go through, what to toss, what to keep and where to put it short term until I get through the whole shop.
So I'm taking baby steps, cleaning up small areas and then rewarding myself with some lathe time :D.

A few days agoI put together a little shelf storage unit and managed to fill it up already. The box in front is full of all the pieces I found buried under stuff on the workbench.
This weekend I managed to get the workbench cleaned off. There's still alot of stuff on it, but that's all keeper stuff and I actually have some clear space on top!
The next step will be to clear off the table saw. No telling what I might find in the boxes on top, buried under all the wood scraps and empty spray cans :eek:. Most of the wood laying on the edge of the table saw is my collection of jamb chucks, I'm sure I can come up with a better storage solution for them.
I think I see a light at the end of the tunnel, or it could just be the side door :eek:.
More to come.....

ray hampton
08-26-2012, 9:56 PM
if you can a light outside , then the dust storm have died down
your shop looks okay to me

Richard Madden
08-26-2012, 9:59 PM
Thanks for showing the "progress pictures". This just might be what I need to jump start a clean up myself!

Roger Chandler
08-26-2012, 10:06 PM
That poor table saw :eek: it can't even breathe! :rolleyes: Nice recovery so far, K. I hope you will finish soon.........you might run into a flat work project you need to do........maybe some segmenting? ;):D

Tom Winship
08-26-2012, 10:13 PM
Kathy, on picture no. 1, you should retake closer to the Thompson bag, and then demand ad payment from Doug.

Harry Robinette
08-26-2012, 10:17 PM
Kathy
We all understand that it takes time to clean-up the shop BUT the stuff you said you cleaned is still dirtier then most shops. Girl you got work ahead of you.
Now for real,Your doing a good job of it I did mine and found allot of stuff I forgot or didn't know I had. I found a Inertia sanding system with 1"2"&3" sanding pads sanding disc and ball bearing handle plus my box scrapers.

Good Luck

Dwight McNutt
08-27-2012, 3:01 AM
That poor table saw :eek: it can't even breathe! :rolleyes: Nice recovery so far, K. I hope you will finish soon.........you might run into a flat work project you need to do........maybe some segmenting? ;):D

Roger: You said the F word, shame on you!!!!
:D:D

Tim Leiter
08-27-2012, 8:59 AM
Looking good Kathy. It also looks like you could use a lot of shelves, to the ceiling if necessary, that would help you out a lot, in my opinion. Keep up the good work, you'll eventually get everything in order like you want it.

Ken Glass
08-27-2012, 9:13 AM
Kathy,
Stop now while you still can. You know that you set that one blank on the pile in the corner with anticipation of turning it soon and now the inspiration you had will soon fade if you make to many changes to your shop. LOL Just kidding. It's therapeutic to clean house occasionally. Keep up the good work......

Rick Markham
08-27-2012, 9:56 AM
Wow, Kathy! Your tablesaw just made mine look immaculate, and I haven't seen the top of mine in months :D

Bernie Weishapl
08-27-2012, 10:01 AM
Looking good Kathy. I have started on mine but I keep stopping and then go to turning. lol

Joe Bradshaw
08-27-2012, 10:33 AM
Kathy, I think that you need a double-wide. Just kidding. You have motivated me to start on my own clean-up. I have to get on my knees to turn now.

Baxter Smith
08-27-2012, 10:14 PM
Enjoy the new found space, and anything else you have found too Kathy! Must be a "DRY" heat in Arizona. If I let that many shavings pile up on my tablesaw top, I don't think even 80 grit would get all the pits out.

ray hampton
08-28-2012, 1:31 PM
Enjoy the new found space, and anything else you have found too Kathy! Must be a "DRY" heat in Arizona. If I let that many shavings pile up on my tablesaw top, I don't think even 80 grit would get all the pits out.

its are so dry in Phoenix that Kathy are thinking about a canal from the Amazon river to the city of Phoenix