PDA

View Full Version : 2244 Performax Plus Conveyor belt

Tim Goins
08-26-2012, 2:29 AM
I have a 2244 drum sander. And I'm having a hard time getting the conveyor belt to track. Has anyone had any experience with this? I need help!

Bill Huber
08-26-2012, 8:46 AM
I only have the 10-20 but I know what you are talking about.

I had all kinds of tracking problems when I first got the sander, in fact I screwed up the belt and had to get a new one. When I put the new one on I really watched it and just kept tightening it little by little until now it just tracks in the same place all the time.

When I put the belt on and centered it, then marked the roller with a sharpy so I could really watch it mover, turned the speed up high and started it up. I was not doing any sanding, just watching the belt, if it move I adjusted it a little and after awhile I got to track.

Good luck.

Dick Mahany
08-26-2012, 10:03 AM
My 2244 Plus belt never tracked correctly from day one. The tracking just kept moving until one edge of the belt finally got eaten up by the tracking system. I wound up removing about an inch fom the edge of the belt and using it until I could get a replacement. The replacement belt was not a Jet and ran and tracked true from the initial installation. It's been over 2 years and still works great.

Tim Goins
08-26-2012, 1:53 PM
Has anyone trued the poly belts????? I heard about them on another web site. But the run about $250.00

Bill Rogers
08-26-2012, 4:07 PM
I have a poly belt on a 16-32 and it is great!

Tim Goins
08-26-2012, 5:03 PM
Track any easier? And where did you get it?

Jeff Monson
08-27-2012, 9:56 AM
Tim, I'd suggest a different belt. I had some issues getting my 22/44 plus to track straight also. I replaced it with another Jet belt, it has worked well and tracked straight since.

joe milana
08-27-2012, 4:36 PM
Tim, I had one & I fiddled with the tracking for weeks. It always wanted to migrate to the outboard side. Finally it started cooperating and worked just fine after that.

Tim Goins
08-28-2012, 1:26 AM
The belt that I have is an after market on. So I called Jet this mourning and they said that my problem is the belt. The conveyor belts are really close tolerance. That is what the Jet tech said. He also told me that if it was not one of there belts it probably would not work, no matter how much I tried to adjust it. He suggested that I buy one of there belts. So I did, I will let you all know how it turns out. And thanks for all the help and suggestions.

John Coloccia
08-28-2012, 7:56 AM
The belt that I have is an after market on. So I called Jet this mourning and they said that my problem is the belt. The conveyor belts are really close tolerance. That is what the Jet tech said. He also told me that if it was not one of there belts it probably would not work, no matter how much I tried to adjust it. He suggested that I buy one of there belts. So I did, I will let you all know how it turns out. And thanks for all the help and suggestions.

I suggest this too. I haven't had any problems with JET belts, but all the aftermarket ones I've tried were useless.

re: poly belts
I would love to put one on there, but I can't find one for the 22-44....only the 16-32.

Mark Levitski
08-28-2012, 7:57 PM
Finally it started cooperating and worked just fine after that.

I had similar problems and it resolved itself after some revolutions. I'm not sure if there is a "break in" period for these belts, or that there was a break in period for me to learn to adjust it. Mine was an original Jet on a new machine.

Now here is an example of a positive review/comment where it is deserved: Our 22/44 has worked very well and I would highly recommend it.

I would maintain a healthy skepticism about a mfgr. recommending to only use their own replacements. As an across the board axiom, that is hogwash.

Tim Goins
09-10-2012, 11:30 PM
Replaced it with a Jet belt from Jet and it tracks so easy. Should have bought it from the start.