PDA

View Full Version : IWF - good, good show

Tom Walz
08-23-2012, 10:28 PM
Much bigger than 2 years ago.

Having trouble making progress through it. Just too much cool stuff to pick up and play with.

Have not sighted Keith Outten.

If you are on the fence about attending I would vote to get here.

More exhibits and a much bigger crowd than 2 years ago.

Particularly liked the Lignomat moisture meters. Dynobrade has lots of tools on display where you can pick them up.

Personally it is not a great tool for me unless I like the way it feels in my hand.

Weather is about normal for Atlanta. Rain shower this evening so that really helped with humidity.

Tom

John W Johnson
08-23-2012, 11:01 PM
I was there Wed. for about seven hours and hope to go back for a half day Sat. I don't see how anyone does it all in one day. The neat thing for me is seeing a little guy with a 10 x 10 booth a couple of aisles over from a huge company with a worldwide footprint. The best part was getting the opportunity to see a couple of stationary tools up close. I thought the crowd was pretty good but don't have a point of reference.

Keith Outten
08-23-2012, 11:44 PM
We spent the day in the B building exhibitor floor today. Tomorrow we plan to be in the A building.

Tom, your right about this years IWF it is much larger than the one two years ago in Atlanta. Call me tomorrow so we can get together or send your number to me via PM.

Rick Fisher
08-24-2012, 1:00 AM
Hey Tom ..

I agree.. there is an air of "optimism" at the show as well. I have not hit the Dynabrade booth yet.. Its on my list too ..

Felder has a great display this year.. I agree that its hard to see it all .. seems like there is way more stuff than 2 years ago ..

Bruce Wrenn
08-25-2012, 9:23 PM
Finally got to actually see and touch Bosch's plunge base for their Colt palm router. Much smoother action than DeWalt / Porta-Cable's. Selling price, just short of $100. Nice to see KOMO has brought manufacturing BACK to the USA! Kreg has some new "self adjusting" clamps. Always a pleasure to visit with Todd Sommerfeld. Delta had no presence though. Spent first day in machinery hall, and second in hardware / furnishings hall. Already making plans for 2014.

Rick Fisher
08-25-2012, 11:26 PM
That's who was missing ! Delta .. and I didn't see Grizzly ..

Jet had an empty booth ... seemed odd..

Bruce Wrenn
08-26-2012, 10:38 PM
That's who was missing ! Delta .. and I didn't see Grizzly ..

Jet had an empty booth ... seemed odd..I've only seen Grizzly there in 2008. Went as their guest. Delta had a space listed in program guide, but they weren't there.

David Kumm
08-26-2012, 10:45 PM
The show isn't a very good market for the Delta- Grizzly type machines. The optimism was in comparison to the last show but a long way from a recovery. Equipment to increase efficiency seemed to be moving though. Dave

Tom Walz
08-27-2012, 2:20 PM
Keith,

Sorry I missed you. I was there with my Ecommerce manager on a buying trip. We saw some cool new products.

Our sales in this area are growing to the point where we need a third customer service rep. (Thanks Creekers).

Once we take care of that I do want to do more advertising with you.

Tom

Keith Outten
08-27-2012, 6:02 PM
Tom,

I wish we had been able to connect. IWF 2012 was twice the size of the one in 2010 which meant twice the amount of floor space to cover and twice the wear and tear on the legs and feet :)
I did enjoy the Faire though, there was more than enough going on to keep me busy. We will try to get together in the near future and thanks for your support of The Creek.