PDA

View Full Version : More Christmas ornaments

Bernie Weishapl
08-23-2012, 11:25 AM
Here are 3 of many birdhouses and a couple of ornaments I did for a order. The lady didn't like the icicle type and said she would like one of those on the bottom the same size. Well she pointed to a finial. I told her that would be a lot more than the usual and she said that is what I want. I told her how much and she asked when can she pick them up. Who am I to argue for $30 extra dollars each.:D Anyway only have about 20 more to go as I took a break to go visit and take my grandson to his first day of 3rd grade and stayed for lunch with him. He thought that was pretty cool. Enjoy and if you get tired of them let me know.

Richard Madden
08-23-2012, 12:30 PM
Bernie, I know I'm not getting tired of them. I love seeing all the different styles you do. In fact, you have inspired me to start making some bird house ornaments. I have done a few of the bulb/finial type you show here, but the bird house type I hadn't tried before. So, thanks for the inspiration!! Also, the fact that you're showing these in August has reminded me of just how close we are to the season, and if a person isn't careful it will be too late to get many done. That calls for a double thanks!

Roger Chandler
08-23-2012, 12:45 PM
Nice work again, Bernie.......I always like seeing what you come up with next.......I like the texturing on the bird houses, and the finial shape on the others.

Michelle Rich
08-23-2012, 1:12 PM
good to know Santa starts working early! the little acorn ones are cute!

Allan Ferguson
08-23-2012, 1:45 PM
They are all pretty, pretty!

Tim Rinehart
08-23-2012, 1:58 PM
Very nice Bernie. I gotta admit, even January isn't starting too early for ornaments...thanks for reminding us! Nice to see a variety in these.

charlie knighton
08-23-2012, 3:57 PM
customer always right, i like them all Bernie

Steve Schlumpf
08-23-2012, 6:31 PM
Bernie - beautiful work as always! Congrats on the commission work and also on being able to make it to your grandson's first day of class! That had to have been a fun time for the both of you!

Ken Glass
08-23-2012, 7:31 PM
Bernie,
I like the Ornaments. They would look good on anyone's tree. Well done.

Rick Markham
08-23-2012, 8:49 PM
I'm glad you post these Bernie, it reminds me I need to make a few early before it's too late this year. Somehow last year snuck up and disappeared. These are very nice, nice sell on the "upgrade" too ;)

Bernie Weishapl
08-23-2012, 9:26 PM
Thanks to all. Forgot to mention that I was invitedd to do a craft show. I haven't did one in about 3 yrs because of lack of sales. I didn't even make my table/space fee back. Hopefully this will go better.

Steve it was a ball and he was pretty proud when grandpa went out to recess and played basketball with them. I just had to laugh as his teacher over heard him tell one of his classmates, "he may be old but he sure can bump and grind pretty good." So funny.

Rick I generally start thinking about idea's for them in January. People might laugh but like you about 6 yrs ago I needed to make about a dozen. Well Christmas was there before I was ready so I start early especially since I make about 100 to 130 a yr.

Steve Mawson
08-24-2012, 11:15 PM
Bernie,
Like these as well. One question-how do you do the texture on the acorn caps? Always like them, think I have told you before that you are the one that got me started on these. Don't make as many as you but did a lot for last Christmas that I gave to all the neighbors.

Bernie Weishapl
08-24-2012, 11:27 PM
Thanks Steve. I use the Sorby micro texturing tool. It works great on small turnings. I turn the cutter about 60 deg to one side of straight up and then the same the other side of straight up and down.

Steve Mawson
08-25-2012, 11:54 AM
Thanks Bernie, now another tool to buy.:)

Billy Tallant
08-25-2012, 2:18 PM
Great job on those Bernie! Keep up the pictures...always enjoy seeing what you make. I'm sure grandson was really enjoying the day with you there.

Bernie Weishapl
08-25-2012, 3:09 PM
Thanks Billy. We had a ball and I am hoping he will become a turner. I know he sure does like playing in grandpa's shop.

Marc Himes
08-25-2012, 8:59 PM
I like all you ornaments, Bernie. Like others have said I need to get to making some myself. Thanks for posting them