PDA

View Full Version : ACM Star att. Frank Pellow et al

Nick Mitchell
04-12-2005, 12:53 PM
Frank, I believe you own an ACM Star 400 bs? Have you had much chance to use it? What do you think?
Did you get it from Karmans?
Sorry for all the questions, any updates would be appreciated, thanks.

Richard Wolf
04-12-2005, 6:02 PM
I think Frank is still on vacation!!

Richard

Nick Mitchell
04-12-2005, 7:26 PM
Oh ok, thanks Richard.

Greg Mann
04-12-2005, 7:31 PM
I happened to ask Frank how he was enjoying his aquisitions just before he left on vacation. (For those of you who don't know Frank, he is single-handedly responsible for the worldwide steel shortage). He was particularly happy with the BS. I know you want more detail, for that you will need to wait.

Greg

Nick Mitchell
04-26-2005, 9:03 PM
bump.

Is Mr Pellow back yet?

Greg Mann
04-27-2005, 12:18 AM
bump.

Is Mr Pellow back yet?

Rumor has it that his plane will touch down on Wednesday. CBC will be covering the event.

Frank Pellow
04-27-2005, 9:43 PM
bump.

Is Mr Pellow back yet?
Whats with this Mr Pellow? My name is Frank.

As Greg said, I did get home today and, also as he said, I do like the saw and am happy that I bought it. Having said that, I have not really used it much and all my use has been testing. The saw came with a cheap 1" blade that I plan to replace soon (with a Lennox blade). I did buy the saw from Karmen's Tool and Supply.

My quick summary is that the saw is very good quality but with no bells and whistles. Nick, if you are in the Toronto area, you are welcome to come over and try out the saw.

Richard Wolf
04-27-2005, 9:48 PM
Welcome back Frank. Hope you enjoyed your vacation. We missed your input.

Richard

Frank Pellow
04-27-2005, 10:16 PM
Welcome back Frank. Hope you enjoyed your vacation. We missed your input.

Richard
Thanks Richard.

We had a fantastic vacation!

-We drove through portions of 1 province and 9 states. In outbound order these were: British Columbia, Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Utah, Colorado, New Mexico, Arizona, Nevada, California.

-All of these places have a lot of very empty and very beautiful land. We avoided cities quite successfully.

-We logged slightly more than 8000 kilometres (5000 miles) on the car, about 400 miles by bus, and about 150 miles by train.

-We visited 8 US National Parks and I don't know how many National Monuments and State Parks.

-We visited at least 20 museums.

-We visited old friends in 4 places.

-People everywhere were friendly and we made some new friends.

-I took about 1200 pictures.

-Margaret and I are very lucky and, for us, life is good!

Richard Wolf
04-28-2005, 8:36 AM
Sounds like a beautiful trip Frank, glad you and the LOYL enjoyed it.

Richard