PDA

View Full Version : Ambrosia Maple logs...(updated pics of lumber)

ROBERT ELLIS
08-22-2012, 8:37 PM
It's been about a week since I posted this topic with this picture:239700Ambrosia Maple Logs. Log tally was 981 log feet. I knew I would gain some, but when I went to pick up the lumber it sawed out 1500 bf.

Not all of it was as good as the pics of the boards, but almost all of it had streaking. Probably a fourth of it was this loaded with this much streaking:239701239702239703 Anyway we had good dry weather, and I put them to bed in my brothers business. I stacked it near the door in the rear of his building:239707and the boys that work there open the rear and front doors everyday so I thought I would get some good air flow going through the stack. I was somewhat reluctant but I wound up selling less than a fourth of the load, but it went a long way in funding this venture. Now I need to just sit tight for a year or so before I can use any of it. I was fortunate enough to buy a large amount earlier in the Summer that had been sitting for a couple of years (it's as good or better than this) so I won't have to be in any hurry to start using these boards I got today. Anyway glad to have this job done for now.

Thanks for reading.

Robert

Danny Hamsley
08-22-2012, 9:47 PM
It will dry faster than you think.

ROBERT ELLIS
08-22-2012, 10:19 PM
It will dry faster than you think.

I hear what your saying, but unfortunately that back half of the building where the lumber is isn't climate controlled. Still I guess it will dry faster than stickered outdoors...

Cody Colston
08-22-2012, 11:11 PM
Very nice lumber. I could look at pics like those all day. Thanks for sharing.