PDA

View Full Version : Moleskine Notebook/Journal Cover in Wood & Leather using a Living Hinge Design

Khalid Nazim
08-22-2012, 11:58 AM
We developed this Moleskine Notebook/Journal cover in Wood & Leather with a bendable Living Hinge Design.

More pictures at:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kustomkalligraphy/7824542118/in/photostream/

Regards
Khalid

Joe Hillmann
08-22-2012, 12:23 PM
That is a neat idea but can you actually sell it? I am not trying to be mean but in my experience I can't sell wood journal cover that cost more than $10, people just aren't interested in them at a higher price. So I end up making them with no engraving on them other than the persons name and use an elastic closure. I tried making them with a magnetic closure but the magnets cost $1 each and added about $3 (magnets plus assembly time) to the price and they became hard to sell at that price. I have also done up several with lots of engraving on the covers and people would pick them up and look at them but not buy them because the engraving doubled the price.

With all that said, they do look really cool.

Khalid Nazim
08-22-2012, 2:20 PM
I have just released these on our Etsy shop but have not sold any till now. I have sold the leather only version with word cloud a few times at the same price as this one. So keeping my fingers crossed. Everyone I show this to thinks its a great idea. If you go to kickstarter dot com and search for Panda Pad you will see that they were able to raise $60K instead of the $5K they had planned - and all the $60K are orders for future products. So I guess we need to find these customers who are willing to pay $50 for a wood notebook cover.

Regards
Khalid

Bruce Clumpner
08-22-2012, 3:53 PM
Khalid,

It looks great, maybe you will get some traffic on Etsy, let us know how it goes. I wanted to find out how you generated the word cloud? Was it manual placement of the terms or did you load the list into an app of some sort? Inquiring minds want to know!

Khalid Nazim
08-22-2012, 7:19 PM
You can use tagxedo dot com to generate word cloud.