PDA

View Full Version : Help Please with Bitmap

James & Zelma Litzmann
08-21-2012, 6:30 PM
Have you ever heard of a bitmap that cannot be edited? I even converted it to a bitmap and it still won't let me edit it, does anyone know why?

Larry Bratton
08-21-2012, 6:34 PM
I'm a little confused here. Can you post it ?

Ben Halop
08-21-2012, 6:53 PM
I'm confused as well. Also, what program are you trying to edit the bitmap in?

Another thing to check is right click the bitmap file and click "Properties", please make sure that the box "Read-Only" is NOT checked at the bottom. With a little more info I should be able to help you with this problem :D

Steve Busey
08-21-2012, 6:57 PM
You converted it from what? Maybe someone gave you a different format, but with a .BMP extension? (like sample.jpg that's named sample.bmp)

Doug Griffith
08-21-2012, 8:14 PM
Never. And I've dealt with so many images from so many sources I can't even describe it.

If you can, post it. Sounds like fun.

Worst case scenario, zoom in to pixel resolution, screen capture in sections, put it back together.

Chuck Stone
08-22-2012, 7:59 AM
I've never heard of that either.. BUT I have found myself not noticing something important
so that my editing wasn't DOING anything.. like being on the wrong layer, not being able
to use certain tools because the image was in the wrong mode etc..

Scott Shepherd
08-22-2012, 8:21 AM
Make sure that layer isn't locked. That'll prevent all editing.

Ben Halop
08-22-2012, 12:58 PM
Hmm still waiting on some info. But here's another idea, depending on the graphic's complexity you could always vector the bitmap and edit your newly vectored image, be it .ai, .eps, etc

Once you post the image it will be easier to discern the best route for you to take. :)

James & Zelma Litzmann
08-22-2012, 2:40 PM
This is the item I was referring to,

Mike Null
08-22-2012, 3:11 PM
I don't know why you can't edit it. Just click on edit bitmap and it opens in PhotoPaint where it can be edited. That's how it is on my X5.

James & Zelma Litzmann
08-22-2012, 3:31 PM
Hey, Mike when you said that I decided to try it in X6 and it worked fine but it will not work in X4, edit bitmap is grayed out, it is not an option. Thanks for waking my brain up.

Martin Boekers
08-22-2012, 4:02 PM
Hey, Mike when you said that I decided to try it in X6 and it worked fine but it will not work in X4, edit bitmap is grayed out, it is not an option. Thanks for waking my brain up.

It maybe the actual file type, some file types have limited editing on some programs.

One of the pluses with X6 I understand is it works with many more file types.

Howard Garner
08-22-2012, 4:26 PM

Do you have Corel Photopaint installed? It is needed to edit the bit map.
I know that you could buy just the Corel Draw program and not the complete suit.

Howard Garner

Martin Boekers
08-22-2012, 4:56 PM
Do you have Corel Photopaint installed? It is needed to edit the bit map.
I know that you could buy just the Corel Draw program and not the complete suit.

Howard Garner

I'm pretty sure that Corel Draw always has come as a Suite (older versions may not have labeled it as a Suite),
You should have a handfull of Apps in your Corel folder include PP, Trace, Bitstream Manager etc. Check your disc
you may have only loaded part of it.

Larry Bratton
08-23-2012, 1:25 PM
I opened this file in X4. What you have is a Corel Draw file with a bitmap and vector text. When I select it all and click on Edit Bitmap it opens the bitmap in Corel PhotoPaint. I can edit anything on it. I fail to see the problem. It's kinda weird that it is named Bitmap but is actually a cdr file.

Tucker Alford
08-23-2012, 3:15 PM
Bitmap image & editable times roman vector text as described above. No problem using the erase feature in Corel Draw X5.

Dee Gallo
08-23-2012, 7:33 PM
I opened this file in X4. What you have is a Corel Draw file with a bitmap and vector text. When I select it all and click on Edit Bitmap it opens the bitmap in Corel PhotoPaint. I can edit anything on it. I fail to see the problem. It's kinda weird that it is named Bitmap but is actually a cdr file.

So when it is grouped, as a combo bitmap and vector, you would not be able to edit, right? If you ungroup, you should be able to edit either one or the other.

Larry Bratton
08-23-2012, 10:12 PM
So when it is grouped, as a combo bitmap and vector, you would not be able to edit, right? If you ungroup, you should be able to edit either one or the other.
Wasn't grouped I don't believe.239805

William Dornenburg
02-12-2014, 5:58 AM
I know this thread has been inactive for some time but I am need of the solution if there was one. I am experiencing the same problem not being able to click on edit bitmap.

Mike Null
02-12-2014, 7:01 AM
William

Welcome to SMC. Post the file you're having a problem with and we'll see if we can help.