PDA

View Full Version : Machineria Laser engraver (M350)

Greg Heger
08-21-2012, 4:30 PM
Hi, I'm new to this forum and this is my first time posting. I recently bought a Machineria Laser Engraver and I'm having a bit of a problem trying to figure out how to use it. The instructions were kind of cryptic having been translated from Chinese. In other words, they're not real clear. Does anyone out there have one of these machines and can you help me get started on it? I know it's stupid buying something you don't know how to use but I want to get some small things set up for my retirement which is coming up soon. Thought this would complement our woodworking hobby for craft shows and such.

Mark Sipes
08-21-2012, 4:48 PM
did it come with software........Laser Design, Laser Cut, EngraveLab, drivers for the print function......>>>>>>> http://www.machinaria.com/support.html Online Support...... did you get any lessons??

Mike Null
08-21-2012, 5:49 PM
Greg

Welcome to SMC. Why don't you post a few pictures of the machine and maybe somebody will recognize it under another brand name. Do some research on Chinese lasers on this forum as there are many threads which might prove helpful.

I didn't know how to use mine when I bought it nor did I know how to use a computer when I bought it. We all have faith in our ability to learn.

Steven Cox
08-21-2012, 5:50 PM
Does anyone out there have one of these machines and can you help me get started on it?

A quick search on the M350 it looks like a rebadged 35 watt Shenhui?? Can you be more specific what your problems are there's plenty of people here with similar machines who may be able to help you just need to be a bit clearer on what you want to know.

Note to moderators.... Where's the sticky started by Rodney Gold for Chinese Machine Tips & Tricks gone??? I was going to link to that for some light reading for this guy.

Tony Lenkic
08-21-2012, 6:24 PM
Did you buy it from the guy in Ashburn, VA, If so than best help would be from rep directly.
There is a seller on ebay that sells machinaria line of laser and I believe he was trying to advertise on this site at one point.
Check his site..... www dot machinaria dot com

(http://myworld.ebay.com/wwwmachinariacom/)

Larry Bratton
08-21-2012, 6:48 PM
Tony is right -look on that website- specifically http://www.machinaria.com/support.html Says it comes with all drivers and Corel Draw 12.

Greg Heger
08-22-2012, 10:47 AM
Yes I bought it from the guy in Virginia. They have been helpful on every question I have asked them. It uses the Corel Draw 12 and does have all the drivers. I have tried engraving a couple of things on a piece of wood and a piece of polycarbonate scrap. I found out that the poly is not good to engrave on. Would I be better off with Photograv? I've read a couple of articles about it being better (easier) to use. I'm not totally computer illiterate and I can learn quickly once I get started on it. Has anyone taken the courses that are offered on the Laserbits site?

Mark Sipes
08-22-2012, 12:35 PM
My experience with Lexan is that it melts rather than vaporizes. Stick with a true acrylic material or plexi. So what problems are you having. Sounds like the laser and computer are working......... Lasering is a process ..Keep notes on all setting and materials. Make sure the laser beam focus is good 1.5 inches, 2 " , 4" what ever. keep mirrors and lens clean.. Start small use different dpi setting, different % black fills dfferent speed and power setting....... experiment with materials....... anodized aluminum, painted brass, flexi brass, acrylic, glass. balsa wood, birch, rosewood, carboard. Vector cut veneer woods, thin plastic sheets and gray carboard ( not boxes ) to make stencils...

Mike Null
08-22-2012, 3:14 PM
I would not consider Photograv at least until you are proficient with Corel and you can find all kind of help on you tube without spending more money for training that will be done on a mainstream machine.

Ian Wilson (AUST)
08-23-2012, 9:45 PM
HI Greg,

I bought an Epilog (USA) machine and had help from my rep. I took the Laser bits course and it proved really helpful. Also the crew at Sawmill Creek are wonderful and a good tip is, do a search for the topic before asking the question as many questions have been answered in detail and kept on this site. It wont take long before you are up and running......its now been three years for me and I love it, always learning, a huge variety of work and the bills are getting paid.

Good luck.

Ian