PDA

View Full Version : Gloat-my first

Dan Racette
04-11-2005, 7:45 PM
Ok, I am assuming that we "gloat" just to show our tools. So here it is.

Doug Shepard
04-11-2005, 7:50 PM
Ok, I am assuming that we "gloat" just to show our tools. So here it is.

Well for a first gloat, I think you've got it pretty near figured out. Thats a biggie.

Ken Fitzgerald
04-11-2005, 7:52 PM
Now that's a Gloat! Color me "GREEN"!

scott spencer
04-11-2005, 8:02 PM
I'd gloat too Dan! I got to move one of those to a basement once.....uh...."well-built" comes to mind! Enjoy.....it's a super BS.

Jim Becker
04-11-2005, 8:09 PM
Ya, Mon!!! That be a fine gloat!!! Congratulations!

Corey Hallagan
04-11-2005, 8:47 PM
Congrats on the new BS! Enjoy,

Corey

Dan Racette
04-11-2005, 9:27 PM
I just didn't want anyone to think I am flaunting, because I don't like to do that. But is does make one feel good to hear people say that one has made a good decision. Travelled to two woodworking shows, lots of reading, etc. I am very very anxious to get it put to the test. 240 won't be here until the electrical magician (electrician) gets time in his schedule. Oh the woes of saving $100's on electrical are far outweighed by "upgrading" the purchase.

Thanks to my wife for throwing in the "just buy this one, that other one didn't look as sturdy" at the des moines show. Changed me to think to put this one on my research list! Hopefully as more come, I won't be in paralysis by analysis!

I put some more out there again in the coming months.

Dan Racette
04-11-2005, 9:28 PM
I certainly am glad that this site is here. It pretty much "put me on the path".

Thanks SMC!

JOSEPH GOVEA
04-11-2005, 9:34 PM
Congrats Dan,
Hope to hear updates on set up, etc:)

Tom Pritchard
04-11-2005, 9:36 PM
Way to go Dan! You are going to LOVE that saw, as well as the customer service from MiniMax! Looking forward to hearing about your progress. Get ready to take about 5 pounds of cosmoline off that bad boy!

Silas Smith
04-11-2005, 10:08 PM
I don't know what the big deal is, its just a craftsman air compressor. You can get them at your local sears. I wish I could see it better, but the pallet board seems to be blocking my view. Congrats from a bitter creeker.

John Miliunas
04-11-2005, 11:01 PM
Awright DAN!!!:) Yes, a truly worthy "gloat", I'd say. I have its Laguna counterpart and, from all that I understand, you'll enjoy it as much as I do my 16 HD! Congrats!:) :cool:

Dan Forman
04-12-2005, 4:39 AM
Dan---

A familiar sight, having just brought one of those into my basement last week. I haven't been able to use mine yet either for the same reason. Sounds like you got yourself a fine wife too, better keep her!

Dan

Tony Falotico
04-12-2005, 6:18 AM
Dan, great gloat... I'm sure you will enjoy it............. BTW has anyone mentioned the Gloat Tax, that machine is in the highest GT Bracket :D :D

Sparky Paessler
04-12-2005, 7:21 AM
Wow looks great Dan! Would love to have one of those. It's next on my list. From what we can see of your shop it look like it's nice also.

larry merlau
04-12-2005, 7:33 AM
well dan you go the first installment paid in full but the rest of the payments will be coming due soon they are called pic's of projects completed with the new tool :D nice saw and hope to see one in my future someday.

Kelly C. Hanna
04-12-2005, 7:38 AM
Wow!! That's some first gloat!!! Very nice saw you have there. I've been lusting after one since seeing it in action at the Dallas WW show 2 years ago. Congrats!

Jeff Sudmeier
04-12-2005, 8:28 AM
Dan, Congrats from a neighbor. Maybe you and spring will have to get together and test them both and finally see which is the better saw :) :) :)

lou sansone
04-12-2005, 8:41 AM
I just didn't want anyone to think I am flaunting, because I don't like to do that. But is does make one feel good to hear people say that one has made a good decision. Travelled to two woodworking shows, lots of reading, etc. I am very very anxious to get it put to the test. 240 won't be here until the electrical magician (electrician) gets time in his schedule. Oh the woes of saving $100's on electrical are far outweighed by "upgrading" the purchase.

Thanks to my wife for throwing in the "just buy this one, that other one didn't look as sturdy" at the des moines show. Changed me to think to put this one on my research list! Hopefully as more come, I won't be in paralysis by analysis!

I put some more out there again in the coming months.

hi dan

I share your sentiments about not flaunting. The mm is really a great saw in that size range. It is amazing how the bs have changed over the last few years. having 16 or 18" saws with 4 or 5 hp motors is incredible. These guys have many of the features of the bigger saws, just scaled down and at a price within reach of many. I am sure you are going to enjoy it. BTW, my wife often helps me in too choices as well. In fact she got up last night almost at midnight to take a look at a new BS that I brought back from NC ( got in about that time from a 1400 mile RT to pick up this saw ).

Ted Shrader
04-12-2005, 9:00 AM
Dan -

GREAT gloat! Congratulations. You will enjoy that saw very much.

Ted

Jim Barrett
04-12-2005, 9:16 AM
Dan,

Nice selection, I have one in my shop and it has served me well!. I was disappointed that MM was not at the WW show here in Seattle last week :mad:

Jim

Dan Racette
04-12-2005, 9:16 AM
Ouch, Tony, I was unaware of "gloat tax"! Larry, definitely want projects to gloat, not tools, but I will get there soon!

Thanks all!!!

Jeff and John, I hope to have you guys over soon! When there is less insulation lying about and the very scary pile that is behind the photographer! Years and years of "stuff"! When that's gone I hope to replace it with sawdust!

Dan

Mike Wilkins
04-12-2005, 10:00 AM
What is the gloat for? The saw or the T-shirt. With a shirt like that you must
be smoking some good stuff.
Congrats on the new iron. I got my 18" machine from the left coast and have
no complaints. But I have heard nothing but good comments about the MM
line of bandsaws, from this and other forums.
Have fun and watch those fingers. I still have 10.

John Miliunas
04-12-2005, 10:22 AM
Jeff and John, I hope to have you guys over soon! When there is less insulation lying about and the very scary pile that is behind the photographer! Years and years of "stuff"! When that's gone I hope to replace it with sawdust!

Dan

Lookin' forward to it, Dan!:) :cool:

Alan Tolchinsky
04-12-2005, 11:42 AM
download the manual from their site. It gives a lot of good info. for the new saw owner. And the yahoo group is great for asking various question. Have fun with the new toy. Alan