PDA

View Full Version : memorial plague backgrounds

Cindy Rhoades
08-17-2012, 3:20 PM
I am looking for a place that might sell artwork that I could use for memorial plaques. I just acquired a funeral home account that is quite unhappy with their previous vendor and I am wanting to find some nice artwork to be able to offer them for memory montage plaques. I have made a couple of my own but would like to offer more.

Mark Sipes
08-17-2012, 4:11 PM
as a start........http://www.headstonesandmemorials.com/Clipart.php?clipcat=angels http://www.headstonesandmemorials.com/Clipart.php?clipcat=crosses

http://www.monumentdesigns.com/sample1.html

Good luck memorial vector art images grave markers

Bill Cunningham
08-17-2012, 8:43 PM
A few years ago, someone posted a whole bunch of them in a .zip file.. They were primarily for sand blasting, but can be re-worked for the laser.. A site search should turn something up.

Cindy Rhoades
08-18-2012, 8:18 AM
I think I did not word my post correctly. I am not looking for the headstone backgrounds, I am looking for the "photographic" backgrounds i.e... mountains, lakes, farms, clouds with light shining through to engrave the persons picture on top layer to make a nice display piece for the family.

Mark Sipes
08-21-2012, 12:44 PM
Is this close......

Larry Bratton
08-21-2012, 1:18 PM
I am looking for a place that might sell artwork that I could use for memorial plaques. I just acquired a funeral home account that is quite unhappy with their previous vendor and I am wanting to find some nice artwork to be able to offer them for memory montage plaques. I have made a couple of my own but would like to offer more.

Cindy,
I did some work for a monument manufacturer that had a laser. I have a good bit of artwork that I created during the process. I'll post this one as an example. These were sized for full size monuments on black granite. Let me know if this is the kind of thing you are looking for.239559

Martin Boekers
08-21-2012, 1:33 PM
Cindy, You may want to go out and spend an afternoon taking photos, sometimes that's the best way.
I tried doing the memorial thing through funeral homes about 7 years ago. I developed a line of about 15
items, I felt good about the products but they were a hard sell. So....since you have an in, you may want
to consider a few items. Candles (water slide decals), I did 'keepsake" boxes with dye sub tiles, made "memorial
cards" the size of business cards, printed portrait on front and a photo with quote and dates on back. I made
them business card size to easily fit in wallets. And talk about service, I had an older minivan that I was going
to setup so I could do these on location! This was before I got into lasers. Shame I couldn't make it work.

Cindy Rhoades
08-21-2012, 2:57 PM
Yes and no. What I am looking for is they are a montage of photos placed together to make a nice mountain scene (the one I am presently fighting with), where I can place the persons photo and some text over the background image. I would post pictures of what they gave me but the photo copies are so dark they are hard to see. That is very nice work that you shared.

Larry Bratton
08-21-2012, 4:02 PM
Yes and no. What I am looking for is they are a montage of photos placed together to make a nice mountain scene (the one I am presently fighting with), where I can place the persons photo and some text over the background image. I would post pictures of what they gave me but the photo copies are so dark they are hard to see. That is very nice work that you shared.
I have a variety of things, I've got some mountain scenes and such. Some with deer, turkeys, churches etc. PM me and give me an e-mail and I can share some of them with you. I created this stuff in Photoshop.

Cindy Rhoades
08-21-2012, 6:42 PM
Larry

It is telling me you have to many messages and you can't accept mine at this time.

Larry Bratton
08-21-2012, 6:50 PM
Say what? No way, let me look. I may need to clean it out but I don't get many PMs

Edit: Yes, I was over my limit. Emptied some of them, should be OK now.

Mark Sipes
08-21-2012, 7:46 PM
Nature scenes ??

Cindy Rhoades
08-22-2012, 11:59 AM
very nice Mark

Ian Wilson (AUST)
08-23-2012, 10:14 PM
Hi Larry,

That looks amazing...do you mind if I send you a PM??

Regards,

Ian